Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The appearance of the Invincible was described as beautiful but inconspicuous.
- A ‘rust-proofed’ frame and chain added to owners' confidence.
- The Invincible has tough tires, advertised as being puncture-proof.
- At 23 pounds for a singlespeed and 26 pounds for an 8-speed commuter, riders felt the Invincible was lightweight.
- Handlebars, wheels, seatpost clamp, saddle and lights were all very difficult to steal, being fastened with proprietary anti-theft bolt heads and wheel nuts that require a special wrench to remove.
- The 8speed was considered to be great value for a designer bike.
- The Invincible comes with a highly reinforced custom u-lock.
- If stolen, Fortified replaces any of its components or the whole bike in 24 hours, for free.
- The bike comes with an electronic tracking tile and serial number that can’t be removed.
- The Fortified security team tracks down stolen bikes.
- The company prints the lettering of your choice on the bike in reflective paint, allowing every customer to have a customized ride.
- Buyers reported a smooth ride and great handling.
- Owners described the Invincible as sturdy, with one owner referring to ‘bombproof simplicity’.
- The worry-free nature of the bike is what appealed most to owners.
4 reasons not to buy
- Owners described poor-quality, plasticky rim-tape that sometimes resulted in tires popping spontaneously.
- The tools provided were considered low-quality by some buyers, who found they stripped the bolt-heads.
- Some consumers complained that the Invincible was pictured with lights that were not provided as standard.
- The tires were reported to be low-pressure, lacked grip and delivered a cheap feel.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Test Ride: Fortified Bicycle’s ‘Invincible’ Urban Bike
I went into the test-ride prepared to critique the things I didn’t like. And aside from [factors that were] the result of tuning, not the bike’s design – I was truly impressed.
The Fortified Invincible Is a Theft-Proof Commuter
Barring a major crash or an persistent thief with a drill and hacksaw, this bike will outlast your antics. The most city-proof bike we’ve ever ridden.
A New Era Of ‘Theft Resistant’ Bikes
Fortified’s approach to anti-theft is more straightforward, if less elegant, than Yerka’s: Load the bike with theft-deterrent hardware and insure the whole shebang with an annual subscription. This means that the long-term costs of Fortified’s security are higher than the Yerka’s, but it buys peace of mind.