BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Evil The Following. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- This is a bike that yearns for fast, aggressive riding on trails.
- When thrown into bends this rig excelled, due to a very low bottom bracket.
- Reviewers agreed that The Following delivered a fun and lively ride.
- Owners raved about the “Smashing Pumpkin” color option.
- More than one expert felt that The Following climbed like a frightened squirrel.
- Consensus held that The Following absolutely hammered on descents.
- The DELTA suspension was capable of subtle shifts throughout its progression.
- This rig was nimble and efficient, being capable of cross-country singletrack.
- Rubber protective guards are included on the chainstay and down tube.
- A flip-chip allows selection between ‘low’ and ‘extra-low’ geometry options.
- The Following’s carbon-rich diet fed the frame, bars, crankset and chainstay.
8 reasons not to buy
- The Following is not heavy, but neither is it lightweight.
- A slack seat-tube angle seemed somewhat dated to some reviewers.
- The laidback riding position felt a little cramped for bigger riders.
- One expert said that pedal-scrape was a risk if attention waned on climbs.
- The Following demands a high price for high quality.
- The multi-link pivot suspension system required detailed maintenance.
- Some folk were underwhelmed by mud clearance on older models.
- The complicated DELTA suspension system could be fiddly to adjust.
Expert Reviews85/100 based on 5 expert reviews
Evil The Following MB X01 Eagle review
The DELTA linkage… doesn’t feel like suspension in the normal, reactive sense, but some sort of velocity-generation engine that converts normally choking impacts and chunder into extra speed.
Evil Following MB Review
…nothing matches this bike for what it is — a uniquely versatile, hugely fun experience… be forewarned: If you neglect this bike, you face epic fails…
Evil Following MB GX Eagle Fox Factory Review
One of the most exciting 29er trail bikes on the market, balancing speed and fun perfectly.
Evil The Following X1
There’s a soft, supple initial feel that transitions into a firm, yet smooth, deep, supportive end stroke.
Evil Following MB 2018 Review
The Following is a blast when its in its element. Charging down flow trails, railing berms, and pumping rolls in the trail is very fun. …Riders of slower, technical or rough trails should consider other bikes.