Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
5 reasons to buy
- The El Oso Niño is one of the lowest-priced children's fatbikes.
- Families found this fatty rolled well on beach-sand, snow and trails.
- One expert said his son’s confidence increased due to fat-tire stability.
- The Oso Niño’s standover height was just right for little ones.
- A Dad found the 7-speed drivetrain offered a good gear range.
2 reasons not to buy
- At 35lbs for a kids’ bike, this fatty was Oso heavy!
- There were derailleur issues; being sucked into the back wheel, breaking after one small fall, bending easily.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day
I think the El Oso increased his confidence, as the tires and traction increased his stability.
Diamondback El Oso Niño
The low standover and 7 speed gear ratio have been great so far… Although the Specialized looks like it has higher end parts I just could not justify the added $300… There is a weight penalty and a lower part spec.