BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- The Hobootleg is lauded for its chromoly frame, which comes coated for a high degree of rust resistance.
- The frame material gives a comfortable ride and is described as resilient and able to carry large loads.
- Tubus racks come standard front and rear. They are usually regarded as being strong, reliable and versatile.
- The disc brakes on Interrail and Geo models were considered to be of high quality, while the simpler cantilever brakes on Touring and Easy Travel models were appreciated for being easy to repair in remote areas.
- Prices vary at stores for the Hobootleg, but in its median range it was considered great value for a complete tourer.
- Versatility in options for wheel-sizes is mentioned as a bonus. The Geo allows wheels up to 29”x3.0 and Interrail, Touring and larger Easy Travel models all accommodate 700c sizes up to 42 width.
- Many buyers liked the finish and design, describing it as stylish or distinctive. Bartape features ‘secret’ hobo symbols.
- The numerous pannier options and 3 bidon mounts are mentioned as being very ample.
- Riders who have taken the Hobootleg over 1000km mentioned that it was reliable and easy to repair on the road.
- Gearing was seen as suitable for remaining seated with moderate loads.
- The chainstay has holders for two extra spokes. This extra feature was appreciated by long-distance riders.
4 reasons not to buy
- At almost 20 pounds unloaded, The Hobootleg is often described as being on the heavier side. However, most riders mentioned that this weight also lends to strength and comfort.
- Cables on the Hobootleg run up the seat-tube. This is seen as limiting for some attachments, including child-seats.
- It’s been noted that the cables may also rub on the frame.
- A few riders said that the mudguards were lightweight and shifted during riding, sometimes getting in the way of panniers.
Expert Reviews83/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Cinelli Bootleg Hobo – in brief review
If you’re looking for an expedition-friendly beast of burden, the Hobo will leave you feeling like a king of the road.
Cinelli Hobootleg Geo: recensione della bici da viaggio
The Cinelli Hobootleg did not disappoint us, it behaved very well on both dirt road and asphalt. It’s an excellent adventure companion.