BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Bombtrack Hook. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
7 reasons to buy
- Versatility is one of the biggest draws of this bike. Pointed at offroad riding at high speeds, the Hook 1.0 pleased reviewers equally in urban and commuting settings.
- Numerous bosses (allowing for three bottle cages) and mounts for racks on the front and rear, provide for the possibility of carrying large loads (and the prospect of long-distance riding).
- The steel frame was seen to be comfortable, durable, stiff and strong
- With a polished finish, the Hook’s appearance was described as appealing and stylish.
- This bike can accommodate wide and / or tubeless tires. Alternatively, narrow road tires would lower the weight and allow for a better urban ride. This adaptability is a big plus to riders.
- The 2x10 groupset is a low-cost option that allows for riding with more weight.
- Some people described the mechanical disc brakes as effective
5 reasons not to buy
- Cables are partially exposed on the rear of the bike, worrying some riders who saw trouble coming in muddy or filthy conditions.
- The Hook was frequently described as being a bit pricey. Some riders and experts thought that better value could be found elsewhere, while others saw this bike as a higher quality option for gravel riding.
- The tires provided with the bike struck some reviewers as being slippery when wet. Many riders mentioned replacing them with 700 x 45c tires.
- It isn’t the lightest gravel / cyclocross option, coming in over 11kg. To some, this meant potential for strength under weight. For others, it’s a drawback.
- While the mechanical disc-brakes were seen as ample by a few riders, more people mentioned how the bike would have performed better with hydraulics.
Expert Reviews68/100 based on 4 expert reviews
Bombtrack Hook EXT 2017
This is a great bike with all-round potential and the lifelong assurance of a steel frame
Bombtrack Hook EXT-C review
A cracking bike to ride and hugely good fun, it would suit anyone with ambitions from just chasing their tail in the local woods to embarking on a multi-day bikepacking trip.
Bombtrack Hook – in brief review
A tough frame with a comfortable ride, but we feel you should get more for the money.
Test for Bombtrack Hook 1 (2017 Model)
Plus: large carrying capacity, suitable for road riding. Cons: A bit heavier and a bit more expensive.