Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Bombtrack Hook. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
7 reasons to buy
- Versatility is one of the biggest draws of this bike. Pointed at offroad riding at high speeds, the Hook 1.0 pleased reviewers equally in urban and commuting settings.
- Numerous bosses (allowing for three bottle cages) and mounts for racks on the front and rear, provide for the possibility of carrying large loads (and the prospect of long-distance riding).
- The steel frame was seen to be comfortable, durable, stiff and strong
- With a polished finish, the Hook’s appearance was described as appealing and stylish.
- This bike can accommodate wide and / or tubeless tires. Alternatively, narrow road tires would lower the weight and allow for a better urban ride. This adaptability is a big plus to riders.
- The 2x10 groupset is a low-cost option that allows for riding with more weight.
- Some people described the mechanical disc brakes as effective
5 reasons not to buy
- Cables are partially exposed on the rear of the bike, worrying some riders who saw trouble coming in muddy or filthy conditions.
- The Hook was frequently described as being a bit pricey. Some riders and experts thought that better value could be found elsewhere, while others saw this bike as a higher quality option for gravel riding.
- The tires provided with the bike struck some reviewers as being slippery when wet. Many riders mentioned replacing them with 700 x 45c tires.
- It isn’t the lightest gravel / cyclocross option, coming in over 11kg. To some, this meant potential for strength under weight. For others, it’s a drawback.
- While the mechanical disc-brakes were seen as ample by a few riders, more people mentioned how the bike would have performed better with hydraulics.
Bottom lineThe overwhelming impression, from rider and expert reviews, is that the Bombtrack Hook is fun and exciting to ride. It’s an example of a fairly recent style of bike, seeking to be an all-rounder that performs equally well in the city and in the rough. This versatility is the main benefit of the bike; wide or narrow tires, panniers or not, up to three water bottles… On the downside, it isn’t the lightest example of its kind and the braking wasn’t seen as the best. Given these weaknesses, some customers and experts suggested it could have done with a slightly lower price tag.
Expert Reviews68/100 based on 4 rated expert reviews
Bombtrack Hook EXT 2017
This is a great bike with all-round potential and the lifelong assurance of a steel frame
Bombtrack Hook EXT-C review
A cracking bike to ride and hugely good fun, it would suit anyone with ambitions from just chasing their tail in the local woods to embarking on a multi-day bikepacking trip.
Bombtrack Hook – in brief review
A tough frame with a comfortable ride, but we feel you should get more for the money.
Test for Bombtrack Hook 1 (2017 Model)
Plus: large carrying capacity, suitable for road riding. Cons: A bit heavier and a bit more expensive.
Bombtrack Hook EXT C – Chunky Tyre Adventure Bike Goes on a Carbon Diet
Six of the best German bikes – Only German Exports Better Than Beer*
One bike, many courses.
TESTED: Bombtrack Hook EXT
The Bombtrack Hook EXT tackles roads, paths and trails… if you’re after something that is laugh-out-loud fun, strong, reliable and versatile – you should be considering the Hook EXT.
Operation “Gravel” on the Roc!
This bike opens up the possibility of long rides with varying road surfaces. It is also a very good city bike which rides with agility in urban flow.
Test: Bombtrack Hook 2 – Stahlcrosser mit breitem Horizont
Rarely has a bike delivered so much fun on such diverse terrain.
Bombtrack Hook: Robuster Alleskönner
Bici gravel: le 10 migliori del 2019 (secondo me)
In my opinion, it’s more of a versatile bike than it is closer to the gravel philosophy, being really suitable for all terrains and taking nothing away from the performance.