Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Aventon Pace 500. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
23 reasons to buy
- The Pace 500 is light, at 50 lbs, making it rideable with a flat battery and no assistance.
- Owners say the Pace 500 feels fast, especially at its top speed of 28mph.
- Pace 500 riders are impressed with this e-bike’s acceleration.
- The Pace 500 is described by owners as a fun ride.
- It’s remarkable to see powerful Tektro HD-T285 hydraulic disc brakes on the Pace 500, at such a low price.
- The Pace 500’s easy-to-read backlit display shows speed, assist mode, and battery level.
- Aventon Pace 500 riders can alter their ride position using the bike’s adjustable stem and geometry.
- In most configurations, the Pace 500 delivers a comfortable and upright ride position.
- Gears shift smoothly via the Pace 500’s Shimano Altus 8-speed drivetrain.
- The Pace 500 rocks the block with its stealthy, minimal design.
- Buyers have a choice of two colorways for the Pace 500: ‘Deep Black’ or ‘SoCal Sand’.
- The Pace 500 has a removable battery, to secure it from theft or to charge it away from the bike.
- The Pace 500 features a pedal-assisted throttle trigger.
- Reviewers say the quality and amount of packaging on the Pace 500 is excellent.
- The Pace 500 comes packed with essential assembly tools.
- Some reviewers and buyers found the Pace 500 easy to assemble.
- Local U.S.A. Aventon dealers exist, to pre-assemble your Pace 500.
- Plastic can be drastic, so the Pace 500 comes with “full metal pedals”.
- A reviewer praised the Pace 500’s ‘consistent’ quality of component selection.
- Aventon offers free shipping on all bikes, including the Pace 500.
- After distances of 900 miles and more, buyers found the Pace 500 durable.
- Riders were impressed with Pace 500’s responsiveness.
- A number of riders were pleased with Aventon’s replacement of the Pace 500’s faulty parts via the bike’s warranty.
14 reasons not to buy
- The Pace 500’s trip mileage resets to zero via automatic shutdown if riders pause their ride for 10-20 minutes.
- Owners lamented that there were no bosses to attach a water bottle on the Pace 500 and no room to place one.
- The battery on some owners’ Pace 500s failed to turn on.
- Some Pace 500 owners complained of non-existent or lax (3-week) response times from Aventon’s customer service department.
- One experienced reviewer found it difficult to get into a comfortable pedaling position, on the Pace 500.
- The Pace 500 only employs a cadence sensor, but no torque sensor, resulting in less intuitive responses to rider input.
- Reviewers described the Pace 500’s assist levels as unmodulated, giving an “on-off / all-or-nothing” delivery of power.
- One reviewer said the Pace 500’s rigid alloy frame is stiff and transfers road vibration to the rider.
- A reviewer felt that lower assist levels were too powerful, robbing the rider of the ability to get a workout on the Pace 500.
- A reviewer felt that the Pace 500’s power assist levels weren’t very different from each other.
- Reviewers noted that the Pace 500’s compact packaging results in buyers having to complete more assembly steps than for other e-bikes.
- Riders can not accelerate with throttle-only on the Pace 500 from a dead-stop, without pedaling.
- Reviewers have said the Pace 500’s cockpit could be too crowded, with many components and excessive handlebar sweep.
- An owner had moisture collect in their Pace 500’s display, rendering it non-functional.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
Aventon Pace 500 Review: A 28 mph E-bike for $_,___ That Is a Commuting Dream
In all its glory, the Aventon Pace 500 is an unassuming e-bike that frankly doesn’t look that special. But this bicycle next door is a secret speed demon… “Holy crap I’m flying at 28 mph!”… with the throttle only, you’ll be limited to a top speed of 20 mph.., lack of love for left-hand throttles… Other than that, I can’t really complain about anything on the bike… It’s like if you took a beach cruiser and optimized it for an urban assault setting… The entire bike just feels like it is of higher quality than I’d expect for the price.
Aventon Pace 500 Review
The Pace 500 features a capable electric drivetrain sporting a 20mph trigger throttle and a 28mph cadence based pedal assist, each complimented well by the stopping power of hydraulic disc brakes… A price competitive and affordable yet powerful and versatile high-speed ebike… An overall comfortable ride with relaxed ergonomics and thoughtful finishing touches… To keep the price low, some tradeoffs are to be considered… the big one to keep in mind is the assembly you may have to do on your own, however, you can always get some help from a bike shop, mobile service, or use their instructional videos…
Aventon Pace 500 eBike Review | 28mph $____ Electric Bicycle
I wanna mention those welds again because these are seriously good and other manufacturers should be paying attention because quality like this makes the price not seem so expensive… I don’t like the thumb throttle… Once I figure out what’s going on with the odometer reset and the battery meter I think this would be a great bike… I found this 500-watt motor to be not only powerful but also not very loud… Overall, I’m impressed with the Pace 500 for the price $____.__.
Aventon Pace 500
Battery: ~46 volts
Average Speed: 26.42 Mph
Total Distance: 1.49 miles (7,867 feet)
Elevation Gain/Loss: 141ft, -139ft
Max Slope: 11.3%, -10.9%
Average Slope: 3.2%, -3.3%
Max Speed set to 31.7mph instead of the default 28mph.
Cadence is a little high above 28mph.
Aventon Pace 500 Ebike 100 Mile Update
It is running like a dream… zero buyer’s remorse at this point… seat’s comfy enough …handlebars aren’t bad but I actually plan on swapping them out… used the throttle once just to try it. Hated it, so don’t plan to use that ever again… I don’t brake a lot but these are stellar brakes… I slid out the back tire on a turn… it takes 6 or 8 hours to charge… overall it drives comfy, it’s smooth… there’s no suspension and that’s not been an issue… definitely noisy… incredible bike… fantastic bike.
Aventon Pace 500 Ebike 300 Mile Odometer Update
I’ve been doing three rides a week. They’re 9.5 miles each. The bike is riding really really nice…. For 300 miles it feels like it’s being broken in… the tires are holding up really good… as a reward to myself I’ll use the throttle the last mile on the way home… the seat’s nice, it’s OK. I’ll probably replace it in time… I just couldn’t be happier.
Aventon Pace 500 Mile Update
This will be my 500-mile update… The biggest thing I’ve changed is… I got Tannus Armor tire inserts… I was getting pretty beat up on the ride, like, it was riding pretty rough on the sidewalks, on the bike paths, some of the roads, I was feeling it in my shoulders… the bike’s running well… we had a little heatwave this week so it was nasty hot. I used a little more throttle… absolutely zero buyer’s remorse.
Aventon Pace 500 Mile 640 Update
She is running like a dream… the tire tread pattern still looks pretty good… I got some battery terminal and cable protector… The reason I got that is that when I put the key in and pull, it was getting a little sticky to the point where I was having to yank [the battery]… I went on electricbikereview.com and other folks said they were having the same issue… when I start at a stoplight it’s really hard to engage the pedals and it takes two pedal rotations… it’s sloppy, especially if you’re on a slightly uphill intersection… Holding up well, happy with the performance.
Aventon Pace 500 Mile 750 Update Ebike
It’s riding like a dream. Tires are holding up good… Battery range is holding up great… Overall, my feedback on the bike is that it’s just fantastic for the price… If I changed one thing I’d change the size of the tires to be thinner to just be more efficient… The throttle is huge fun. I don’t know why I resisted using that at the start. I think it was just ego or pride… now I use it every single stoplight. Just ‘Boom!’ and you go. It’s so nice… For the price, I just struggle to think that you could find something better… I could go for lighter. It’s pretty heavy… It’s been hundreds of miles since I left seventh gear.
Stop Wishing You Owned an E-Bike and Just Buy One Already
How can a sharp-looking, comfortable, reliable e-bike with so many features, that goes 28 mph, cost so little?.. if all you want is a quality, upright, comfortable, speedy, attractive, and unique urban electric bike that costs about half as most in its category, the Pace 500 is a more-than respectable contender.
Aventon Pace 500 and Pace 350 Review
The bikes are incredibly attractive, especially the step-thru model for women… The bottom line is these are enabler bikes that are attainable. It is pretty crazy what they’re offering for the money as these bikes look and operate like e-bikes twice their price.
Best Electric Bikes
Latest Discussions in the Forum
15 hours ago
18 hours ago
14 September – 1 October