Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the ABUS GRANIT CityChain XPlus 1060. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- The CityChain XPlus 1060 series received a 3-Star rating from ART, not only approving it for use with bikes and e-bikes, but for mopeds too.
- The 1060/85 and 1060/110 have both received ‘Gold’ ratings from Sold Secure.
- This chain’s beefy 10 mm hexagonal links are tricky to chop and a solid deterrent to would-be thieves.
- Like most chains, the CityChain XPlus 1060 provides users with the flexibility to lock to a range of stationary objects.
- Users say the 1060/140 and 1060/170 are long enough to lock up multiple bikes.
- ABUS covers the CityChain XPlus 1060’s chain links with a protective fabric to avoid frame and component damage.
This chain lock is available in 4x lengths:
85cm (33”), 110cm (43”), 140cm (55”), and 170cm (67”).
- The CityChain X-Plus 1060 comes provisioned with 2x keys. One has an LED light.
- With ABUS’ security card, a lost key can be reordered from the manufacturer.
3 reasons not to buy
- Some users complain that this lock’s protective fabric wears through too quickly.
- Every lock in the GRANIT CityChain XPlus 1060 range is expensive.
- Some owners say this lock is too heavy to carry on a pedal-driven bicycle.
Bottom lineABUS give the GRANIT CityChain XPlus 1060 the highest score (15/15) on their own security rating scale. At 4.6 lb to 8.3 lb, it may be better suited to e-bikers, where this lock’s hefty weight is less of a burden. Alternatively, it can be left in your workplace lock-up area (or similar daily-use zone). Like every lock, it can be destroyed with tools. But with 10 mm hexagonal chain links, thieves will need to use power tools or the most comically large (and conspicuous) bolt cutters. It’s expensive, but it’s approved by security certification bodies, which should aid insurance claims.
Expert Reviews82/100 based on 4 rated expert reviews
ABUS CityChain XPlus 1060
This super-tough chain and integrated lock is a well designed and nigh-on impenetrable portable security solution. You might not like the price, but you can’t argue with the performance.
ABUS GRANIT CityChain XPlus Review [German]
The ABUS CityChain X-Plus 1060 is a solid and heavy bicycle lock that is well-made. Bicycles and e-bikes are protected from scratches by the lock’s fabric cover. The 85 cm version is completely sufficient if you only want to lock up your own bike. It really is not a bargain.
Security From 30 Euros [German]
First place out of five (for chain locks):
- Security: very good
- Handling: sufficient
- Durability: very good
- Pollutants: very good
Chain Reaction [German]
Maximum safety (VdS certification B+), but also very heavy. Thanks to the chain, it is easier to thread and transport than the Steel-O-Flex.
ABUS GRANIT CityChain XPlus 1060 Review
The CityChain 1060 is quite heavy to use as a portable lock, but for the increased number of locking options it offers, this can be a worthy sacrifice. I’d probably use a second lock alongside this, as its 10 mm links are vulnerable to the largest bolt cutters.
ABUS GRANIT CityChain XPlus 1060/110 Lock Review
I’m using it, so there’s no more sincere recommendation than that, but everyone has different priorities and tastes so I just wanted to show information and you can decide for yourself.
My Review of the GRANIT CityChain XPlus 1060 [German]
I did not want the really big one (170cm), but not the smallest one either (85cm). I actually want it to reach around my bike and a tree trunk.
ABUS CityChain GRANIT XPlus vs. Kryptonite New York Chain
– Comparison of the Most Secure Bike Locks [German]
The ABUS CityChain GRANIT XPlus and the Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboutit chain lock promise the highest protection against theft and are in the highest categories of their respective manufacturers. They are both long enough to lock your cargo bike well.
Tested: ABUS GRANIT CityChain XPlus 1060 Review
The relatively light and portable CityChain loses out due to poor resistance to attack, but when used correctly – by ensuring it’s kept off the ground – it still offers a deterrent to a thief looking for a target among other machines.
The Strongest Bike Lock You Can Buy
Longer than a U-lock, it readily secures our bike to bigger poles like scaffolding and light posts. The large lock body and extra-thick links also make our bikes the hardest to steal on any block.