Yuba Spicy Curry
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at email@example.com with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Yuba Spicy Curry. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
21 reasons to buy
- At 60lb and able to haul a 330lb payload, the Curry is relatively lightweight.
- A 20” rear wheel and mid-mounted motor make for a low centre-of-gravity.
- The Bosch Performance CX 250 motor handled owners' required duties.
- The low height of the rear rack makes it easier to load and unload.
- Oversized, aluminum tubing maintained stiffness under heavy loads.
- The tough, chromoly fork features a beefy 1.5 inch steerer tube.
- The Curry features a low standover height for easy mounting and dismounting.
- A gigantic, integrated rack is rated to carry up to 300lb of cargo.
- Owners reported that the Curry was durable after 3 years and 2,000mi of use.
- A 36V Powerpack 400 battery lasted one family for a week of small trips.
- The Bosch Drive system has 4 modes, including a ‘turbo’ setting for climbs.
- The control unit switches between modes and displays mileage and other info.
- A low-power motor-assist mode helps walk a loaded bike up ramps &c.
- A bolt-on bashplate protects the Bosch motor from impacts.
- Shimano M396 hydraulic brakes with 180mm rotors stopped powerfully.
- The Shimano drivetrain and Deore shifters responded well and proved durable.
- The stem and seatpost adjust to fit riders from 5’ to 6’5” in height.
- Full-length fenders and internally-wired front and rear lights come included.
- After 3 years use, one owner reported a single flat tire and one dropped chain.
- Rear-wheel covers prevented kids’ feet from getting trapped between spokes.
- A ‘deflopilator’ prevents the front wheel from tilting while the kickstand is up.
7 reasons not to buy
- For one rider, the chain-guide came loose and contacted noisily with the chain.
- The asking price gets the base bike. Necessary accessories add to the cost.
- It’s difficult to squeeze into a lift, for apartment dwellers without a garage.
- An owner said their headlight shut off when hitting potholes or large bumps.
- The smaller frame felt cramped for some taller riders.
- A rare 1.5” steerer means replacement stems can be hard to find.
- The rear tire needed to be inflated to 55psi to handle loads, creating a jarring ride on rough surfaces.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Conquer Hills And Ikea With The Yuba Spicy Curry Electric Cargo Bike
For anyone who hauls stuff around on a regular basis, this bike is like having a small pickup truck.
Yuba Spicy Curry Bosch Review
They’ve ‘overbuilt’ this to be extra-sturdy… Being a two-wheel cargo bike… this feels a little easier.
I Love Spicy Curry: 2,000 Miles on a Yuba Cargo Bike
I now have almost 2,000 miles on the Yuba Spicy Curry e-assist long-tail cargo bike… in the four months or so that I have been riding it, I haven’t regretted the purchase for a minute.
Shhhhhhh! I Ride an e-Bike
This bike was a game changer for our family. This kid/grocery hauler could replace a second car for 8 months of the year where we live.
Yuba Spicy Curry E-Cargo Bike Is The Perfect Kid Hauler, Grocery Getter & More
…it’s like having a second vehicle that’s better and faster (and more fun) for quick trips… worth every penny in our book.