Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Yakima HangOver. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- The HangOver is one of the few racks on the market that holds six bikes at once.
- The vertical-style rack uses less space behind the vehicle.
- Riders can choose between the four or six-bike option.
- The Limited Lifetime Warranty covers defects for life for the original owner.
- An expert reviewer praised the rack’s ability to avoid bike-to-bike contact (no shuttle scars).
- Users and expert reviewers agree that the HangOver has a durable feel.
- An adjustable mast means excellent ground clearance for off-road shuttling.
- The HangOver has great value per bike when fully loaded.
7 reasons not to buy
- The HangOver has a hefty price tag.
- The HangOver can only carry a bike weighing less than 37.5 lb with a front suspension fork and is not designed to carry downhill or e-bikes.
- The 6-bike version of this rack weighs almost 80 lb.
- Kids’ mountain bikes are too small even if they have a front suspension fork.
- The HangOver is too large to fit onto vehicles smaller than a midsized SUV/pick-up.
- There is no security option for bikes.
- Many users and an expert reviewer stated that this rack would be difficult for shorter people to load.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews64/100 based on 1 rated expert review
1 day ago
1 day ago