Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Vvolt Centauri. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- The Centauri is available in step-over and step-through frames and a choice of two sizes.
- The CVT hub and belt drive greatly reduce maintenance needs.
- This grease-free system helps avoid getting dirt on clothes.
- Reviewers appreciate the durability of the “smooth” and “quiet” Gates belt drive.
- Experts say the enviolo hub’s stepless shifting and 380% gearing range make it easy to find the perfect pedaling cadence.
- Reviewers enjoy the “really smooth” shifting and ability to change gears when pedaling hard or stopped.
- Testers savor the “responsive” assistance from the “powerful” motor, which easily handles climbs.
- A reviewer highlights the Centauri’s “natural” riding experience.
- The Kenda Koast 650b x 45mm tires give a smooth ride and have plenty of grip, say testers.
- Vvolt provides a three-year warranty on the frame, fork, and most components.
- A tester says the Centauri easily cruises at 25mph.
- Reviewers appreciate the smooth integration of the battery.
- Experts call the Radius hydraulic disc brakes “responsive” and “powerful.”
- Reflective logos enhance safety at night.
- Testers say final assembly takes just 15 minutes.
- A reviewer appreciates the thoughtful packaging and use of recycled materials.
7 reasons not to buy
- The included lights aren't integrated.
- Users must pay extra for a rack and fenders.
- The Centauri’s range is below average. Testers achieved 20 to 30 miles using pedal assist levels 3 and 4.
- One reviewer's test bike arrived with a damaged fork despite an intact shipping box.
- Changing between Class 1 and Class 3 modes requires swapping the included displays.
- A reviewer experienced "annoying" noise and vibration from the motor.
- During one test, the reviewer’s motor shut off while climbing a hill.
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Vvolt Centauri Review: Elevate Your Commute With This Mid-Drive Belt-Driven E-Bike!
The Vvolt Centauri is a sweet deal if you want an affordable mid-drive motor with a belt drive and an internally geared hub… There are a couple of downsides… but these are outweighed by the amazing riding experience.
Vvolt Centauri E-Bike Review
Best Electric Bikes
1 hour ago
2 days ago