Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Thule T2 Classic. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- The T2 Classic has been nearly unchanged since 2005, a testament to its durability and functionality.
- Nearly every part is replaceable. Users expressed satisfaction with Thule’s Limited Lifetime Warranty covering mechanical failures.
- The T2 Classic can hold bikes up to 60 lb, making it a great option for many e-bikes.
- Thule manufactures both 1.25” and 2” hitch versions.
- Many users and expert reviewers praised the affordability of this setup.
- A 2-bike extension can be purchased separately.
- The folding system on the frame allows riders to stow the rack against the vehicle when it’s not in use, or tip it down to access the rear without taking bikes off.
- The T2 Classic comes standard with a hitch lock. A compatible bike lock is sold separately.
5 reasons not to buy
- The folding system may not have enough tip clearance to access the rear hatch or tailgate.
- Riders and an expert reviewer lamented the lack of compatibility with fat-tire bikes, despite the manufacturer’s claims to the contrary.
- At nearly 60 lb, the T2 Classic’s durability comes at the expense of weight.
- The rack requires tools to set up.
- The rack’s steel construction eventually results in some rusting.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!