BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the sixthreezero In The Barrel. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
5 reasons to buy
- A number of cyclists commented on their cruiser’s ‘smooth’ ride quality.
- More than one owner felt comfortable aboard the 'In The Barrel'.
- Assembly was uncomplicated for many reviewers, taking about an hour.
- Some owners said 21-speeds handled hills nicely, while 3-speeds shifted easily.
- Fanciers said the bike looked ‘cool’, ‘classic’ and attracted with a matte-black finish.
14 reasons not to buy
- Pedals frequently broke on first rides, or shortly thereafter.
- Brakes didn’t stop riders well.
- Laidback geometry means geared models are needed for climbing.
- Paint came scuffed, scratched and bubbling, even under protective wrapping.
- Bent and broken spokes were common on new bikes.
- The 'In The Barrel' is heavy at 40.0lbs.
- The seatpole seemed notoriously difficult to tighten.
- Wheels easily came untrue and warped.
- Stickers and head badges were deemed ‘cheesy’ - and peeled easily.
- Some owners said the 'In The Barrel' lacked durability.
- Gear-shifting issues were rife.
- Loose slag from welding rattled noisily inside some buyers’ frames.
- One reviewer said that poor-quality headset and crank bearings were gritty.
- Numerous owners found gearing too low, leading to spinny pedaling.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Sixthreezero “In The Barrel” Review
There was a couple bubbles on the frame… I love the geometry of it… it’s a blast to ride… the bearings suck… the pedals, these things can barely turn.