Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
5 reasons to buy
- A number of cyclists commented on their cruiser’s ‘smooth’ ride quality.
- More than one owner felt comfortable aboard the 'In The Barrel'.
- Assembly was uncomplicated for many reviewers, taking about an hour.
- Some owners said 21-speeds handled hills nicely, while 3-speeds shifted easily.
- Fanciers said the bike looked ‘cool’, ‘classic’ and attracted with a matte-black finish.
14 reasons not to buy
- Pedals frequently broke on first rides, or shortly thereafter.
- Brakes didn’t stop riders well.
- Laidback geometry means geared models are needed for climbing.
- Paint came scuffed, scratched and bubbling, even under protective wrapping.
- Bent and broken spokes were common on new bikes.
- The 'In The Barrel' is heavy at 40.0lbs.
- The seatpole seemed notoriously difficult to tighten.
- Wheels easily came untrue and warped.
- Stickers and head badges were deemed ‘cheesy’ - and peeled easily.
- Some owners said the 'In The Barrel' lacked durability.
- Gear-shifting issues were rife.
- Loose slag from welding rattled noisily inside some buyers’ frames.
- One reviewer said that poor-quality headset and crank bearings were gritty.
- Numerous owners found gearing too low, leading to spinny pedaling.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Best Beginners Bikes
Beginners bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores