Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ride1UP Prodigy. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
17 reasons to buy
- The Prodigy is available in mountain bike (XC), step-over (XR), and step-through (ST) variations. The ST model is easy to mount and dismount.
- Experts say the Prodigy XR & ST's swept-back handlebars make for a comfortable ride position.
- Pundits believe the Prodigy is a competitively-priced, mid-drive motor e-bike.
- Brose’s mid-drive motor outputs 90 Nm of torque. Riders report powerful, intuitive, and smooth pedal assist.
- Ride1UP says Prodigy riders can attain up to 50 miles of range.
- Reviewers like the adjustability and lockout on the XC’s 120 mm Mozo air suspension fork.
- The Prodigy XR and ST include a rear rack with a 40 lb capacity.
- Stopping power is ensured by Tektro hydraulic disc brakes with 180 mm rotors.
- Tires are by Maxxis. On the XR & ST, Re-Fuse are grippy and come tubeless-ready. On the XC, knobby 2.4" Forekasters provide ample off-road traction.
- Each Prodigy model is available in 2 of 3 colors; 'Chameleon, Gloss’, 'Chalk, Gloss' & ‘Carbon, Matte'.
- An 80-Lux Buchel integrated headlight is fitted to all Prodigies. XR & ST models also include an integrated taillight.
- Alloy fenders come standard on Prodigies XR and ST.
- A ‘physical shift’ sensor preserves the life of the Prodigy’s drivetrain.
- Reviewers say internal cable routing gives the Prodigy a ‘clean’ appearance.
- The Phylion battery is removable for security and charging away from the bike.
- The Prodigy comes with a 1-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
- A bashguard protects the Prodigy’s chainring, secures its chain and keeps grease off pants and legs.
6 reasons not to buy
- The Prodigy is only available in one size.
- Some test-riders feel limited by the gear range of the Prodigy’s 11-34 t cassette.
- Shimano’s Alivio rear derailleur is not clutched. Some testers reported chain-slap.
- The rear fender is attached to the rack and can not be used independently.
- Brose’s Allround display is quite small.
- A tester experienced frame flex and a creaking bottom bracket.
Expert Reviews91/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
The Best Mid-Drive Electric Bike on a Budget: Ride1UP Prodigy XR E-Bike Review
The Ride1UP Prodigy is the best mid-drive electric bike on a budget. It both looks and feels a step or two above most other mid-level and budget-class electric bikes. The Ride1UP Prodigy has some serious power.
Ride1UP Prodigy Review: A Mid-Drive E-Bike, Cheaper Than the Rest
At this price-point, I think this is the only affordable electric bike that I personally can recommend taking out on actual mountain bike trails. The power delivery on this motor is just really nice. Feels like more of a premium experience.