BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ribble Hybrid AL e. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- The stealthy concealment of electric components was a drawcard for buyers.
- Owners of all ages enjoyed being able to lift this lightweight bike.
- Riders found the Hybrid AL e easy to ride without electric assistance.
- The small and discrete Ebikemotion motor is almost silent.
- Shimano UR300 Flat Mount Hydraulic Disc brakes were powerful and reliable.
- Three levels of assistance complemented differing levels of desired rider input.
- Reviewers felt that the petrol-blue color and lines of this bike looked very sharp.
- One rider felt that the bike’s gear range was wider than needed.
- The bike’s finish impressed, partially due to the matching faux saddle and grips.
- 35c tires absorbed road chatter and avoided the need for weighty suspension.
- A wide gear range and light build made this a fast bike.
- The ‘Fully Loaded’ Hybrid AL e comes with a rack rated to carry 55lbs.
- The short rear triangle and long head-tube kept things whippy yet relaxed.
- The Hybrid AL e is well kit-out with bottle, fender and rack eyelets.
- Customer service was praised for replacement of parts and payment for faults.
- Riders and reviewers got a lot of use out of the linked Ebikemotion app.
8 reasons not to buy
- One owner felt that gearing was too low for flat-land belting.
- Pedal assistance was not progressive, giving an ‘on/off’ feel.
- A buyer received their bike with a bent derailleur hanger.
- Some buyers were frustrated by a lack of adequate instructions.
- For one owner, computer software behaved erratically.
- Experts found the grips mushy and loose.
- The saddle was sometimes disliked for being hard.
- A reviewer felt that the position of the charge port was vulnerable to water.
Expert Reviews90/100 based on 3 expert reviews
Ribble Hybrid AL e
Overall you’re getting a well-considered bike for your money here… an engaging city bike… The light overall weight of the bike contributes to its lively feel, and also means it’s easy to manhandle up steps or lift onto a bike rack.
Ribble Hybrid AL e
…really quite a joy to ride… this bike offers superb value for money… designed to handle the daily commute with ease as well as weekend jaunts in the countryside… one of the neatest and most seamlessly integrated e-bike frames to date.
Ribble Hybrid AL e Review
It offers a smooth ride that irons out the bumps… it looks fantastic, and it’s surprisingly reasonably priced… Riding with the power off is thoroughly enjoyable too.