Where to buy
If this bike is out of stock, take a look at our other highly rated bikes.
We earn affiliate commission. Learn more
Volts and Amp Hours
Number of Gears
28.88, 31.97 lbs
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ribble Hybrid AL e. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- The stealthy concealment of electric components was a drawcard for buyers.
- Owners of all ages enjoyed being able to lift this lightweight bike.
- Riders found the Hybrid AL e easy to ride without electric assistance.
- The small and discrete Ebikemotion motor is almost silent.
- Shimano UR300 Flat Mount Hydraulic Disc brakes were powerful and reliable.
- Three levels of assistance complemented differing levels of desired rider input.
- Reviewers felt that the petrol-blue color and lines of this bike looked very sharp.
- One rider felt that the bike’s gear range was wider than needed.
- The bike’s finish impressed, partially due to the matching faux saddle and grips.
- 35c tires absorbed road chatter and avoided the need for weighty suspension.
- A wide gear range and light build made this a fast bike.
- The ‘Fully Loaded’ Hybrid AL e comes with a rack rated to carry 55lbs.
- The short rear triangle and long head-tube kept things whippy yet relaxed.
- The Hybrid AL e is well kit-out with bottle, fender and rack eyelets.
- Customer service was praised for replacement of parts and payment for faults.
- Riders and reviewers got a lot of use out of the linked Ebikemotion app.
8 reasons not to buy
- One owner felt that gearing was too low for flat-land belting.
- Pedal assistance was not progressive, giving an ‘on/off’ feel.
- A buyer received their bike with a bent derailleur hanger.
- Some buyers were frustrated by a lack of adequate instructions.
- For one owner, computer software behaved erratically.
- Experts found the grips mushy and loose.
- The saddle was sometimes disliked for being hard.
- A reviewer felt that the position of the charge port was vulnerable to water.
Expert Reviews90/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Best Electric Bikes
Electric bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores