Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Rad Power RadCity 4. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
36 reasons to buy
- The RadPower Bikes RadCity 4 is ideal for commuters, with its integrated rear rack and lights.
- The front headlight has a unique LED design to increase one’s visibility.
- The taillight has three modes: solid, flashing and extra bright.
- Fenders protect riders from water and mud on the road.
- The Kenda K-Rad tires perform well on pavement and firm surfaces.
- Riders can attach a child seat to the RadCity 4.
- Depending on the mode of pedal-assist engaged, riders have a range of 25 to 50 miles on the RadCity 4.
- The durable motor is very quiet.
- The motor performs well in most weather conditions, aside from extreme heat or submersion in water.
- Tektro disc brakes and 180mm rotors allow riders to stop quickly.
- The stem is adjustable. This allows riders to get the most comfortable reach and handlebar height for their body.
- The Velo grips are extremely comfortable, according to experts.
- The rear rack can support up to 45 lbs.
- The LCD display is most impressive, with a clear readout of one’s battery life, level of pedal-assist, distance covered and current speed.
- It’s easy to adjust the level of pedal-assist and turn on and off the lights using the controls found on the display console.
- The display unit offers riders a USB connection to charge devices on the go.
- Experts agree the saddle is plush.
- The seven-speed Shimano drivetrain and five levels of pedal-assist allow riders to pedal up steep hills.
- The twist throttle is integrated into the right grip of the RadCity 4. It’s easy to use and allows riders to accelerate on-demand.
- This is an affordable electric bike in the commuter and hybrid category.
- The K-Rad tires have K-Shield protection that reduces the chance of getting a flat.
- The charging port is protected with a rubber barrier that keeps dust, dirt and water out of the battery.
- Assembly is fairly easy. The bike is 80% assembled on arrival and a tool kit is included.
- The Suntour suspension fork has 80mm of travel. It helps minimizes the impact from bumps and holes in the road.
- Testers and users agree that the bike is packaged in an impressively secure way. It keeps the bike from being damaged in shipping.
- The packaging is designed to be a coloring project for children. This allows adults to keep little ones occupied as they assemble their new ride.
- RadPower has partnered with VeloFix to offer riders assembly and a 30-day tune-up on their RadCity. This comes at an additional cost.
- The bike comes with a bell.
- A kickstand is included.
- The chain guide keeps riders from getting their pants caught in the chain. It also helps prevent dropped chains.
- The RadCity’s cadence sensor ensures that sufficient power is supplied by the motor. It increases the power supply without feeling jerky.
- The seat has ample adjustment. It can be moved up or down to fit users with an inseam of 27” to 34”. Riders shorter than this may consider the RadCity Step-Thru.
- The angle of the handlebars is adjustable. This allows riders to get into a pleasant riding position for their height and arm length.
- The bike comes with a one-year warranty.
- The bike has regenerative braking with its direct-drive motor. This increases the life of the brake pads.
- RadPower offers a front rack and bags to maximize the bike’s commuting ability.
4 reasons not to buy
- The RadCity 4 is only available in one color.
- The bike is not light. Testers state that if you live in an apartment, it would be heavy to carry upstairs.
- The water bottle cage is placed in a location that is difficult to reach on the go.
- Assembly takes up to an hour. Some testers found this long.
Expert Reviews83/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Rad Power Bikes RadCity 4 Review
This is the fourth generation RadCity. You get the same motor, battery pack, and drivetrain hardware as the third generation, but the frame size has been simplified to 18.5″ only vs. 16″ and 19″ choices previously, and it only comes in black.