Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Mongoose Tyax. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- The Tyax is available with 27.5" and 29" wheels and tires to suit a wide range of riders.
- The aluminum frame is durable.
- The Tektro hydraulic disc brakes engage quickly.
- The 100mm SR Suntour fork and other entry-level components make this bike best for beginner mountain bikers.
- The bike's tires arrive tubeless-ready.
- Drivetrains on Tyax models shift smoothly. All builds use Shimano or SRAM drivetrains.
- The lock-on grips are comfortable for most.
- Testers agree the bike is well packaged to prevent it from being damaged in shipping.
- Assembly is an easy process and takes less than an hour for most users.
- The Tyax comes ready to internally route a dropper post.
- The geometry of the bike places riders in a position that makes it easy to maneuver through tight terrain.
- The Tyax is light compared to other entry-level mountain bikes.
- Users agree this is an affordable mountain bike.
4 reasons not to buy
- Users found the frame was scratched when it arrived.
- The bike arrived with bike creaks and makes a lot of noise compared to other bikes, according to one tester.
- The bike runs small in size. Test riders suggest sizing up if you are between sizes.
- The chain jumps. A chain guide may help prevent this.