Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Juiced HyperScorpion. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The HyperScorpion boasts a 1000W motor, the Scorpion uses 750W. Both put out a claimed 1800W peak wattage.
- The HyperScorpion has a max range of 70 miles, the Scorpion tops out at 55 miles.
- Top speeds on the HyperScorpion nudge above 30mph.
- HyperScorpion models come with mirrors and turn signals.
- All Scorpions are fitted with grippy, fat, slick tires.
- The Scorpion's ‘true torque’ sensor transitions smoothly between pedal assist levels.
- ‘Race mode’ jets the HyperScorpion to ludicrous speeds, just on throttle use.
- The Scorpion’s 2000 lumen headlight paves the way safely through the darkness.
- Heavier, bigger and taller riders said the Scorpion hauled them up hills with ease.
- A step-through frame makes for easy mounting and dismounting of the Scorpion.
- The Scorpion’s triple-clamp suspension fork features adjustable compression, pre-load and lockout.
- Scorpions feature a remote alarm system.
- The Scorpion’s rear rack can be upgraded to a passenger seat.
- A ‘tall seat’ upgrade lifts the Scorpion's seat height from 30.9 to 33.5 inches.
- Scorpions are fitted with hydraulic Tektro brakes.
8 reasons not to buy
- At 100 to 102 lb, Scorpions are heavy and hard to lift by oneself.
- One reviewer received their Scorpion with a crushed headlight.
- Pedal clearance is low enough that riders could scrape the Scorpion on turns.
- Riders found that the Scorpion’s maximum range specs were exaggerated.
- A 5’2” reviewer said pedaling the Scorpion was awkward for riders his height and taller.
- Radical price drops frustrated Scorpion buyers who paid top price.
- Some Scorpion buyers experienced a lack of response from Juiced’s customer service.
- The Scorpion’s two-piston hydraulic brakes could be more beefy if they were four-piston.
Expert Reviews77/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
2020 Juiced Bikes Scorpion Review: The Cadillac of e-Mopeds
Its high handlebars and pedals allow an upright riding position that’s naturally comfortable… If you are looking for a sturdy Class 3 e-bike that’s exceptionally comfortable to ride, Juiced Bikes’ Scorpion is a speedy, versatile ride ready to serve as daily transportation.
Review: Juiced Bikes Scorpion
I don’t know how many people out there are 5 feet tall, want a moped, and don’t want to get a license. But however big that weirdly specific market is, Juiced has nailed it… Unlike e-bikes that carefully calibrate the level of electric assistance in correlation to different levels of pressure on the pedals, the Scorpion just adds as much as power as it can get away with… Affordably priced. Powerful hub motor and long-lasting battery. Fun to ride. Cool to look at. Front and rear suspension. Huge integrated headlamp.
Juiced Scorpion E-bike Ride and Review
Overall, I’m fairly positive about this bike… it’s been fun so far and it is a really comfortable ride. I really enjoy using this thing to go out and get groceries or do some light trail riding on some of the bike paths around my house.
Juiced HyperScorpion Review: The New King of 30+ mph Electric Mopeds
It’s an electric bicycle and an electric motorbike all in one… While I’m still able to nitpick here and there about a few parts that I would like to see upgraded, the Juiced HyperScorpion is essentially a win in all areas… It has the speed and power for serious fun, the handling and suspension for a comfortable ride, the battery capacity to ride all day, and is priced within the reasonable reach of riders looking for this type of performance.
Juiced Scorpion Electric Bike Review: An Affordable Electric Moped With Style
The Juiced Scorpion is a ton of fun, but it’s not perfect. My one complaint of substance is that I wish I could squeeze more power out of it. At 750W, the motor gives acceptable performance though it is certainly not the sportiest ride… Ultimately, I think Juiced Bikes had to compromise on the entry-level Scorpion to keep the price reasonable, and they succeeded there… if you want to really tear up the road, you can go nuts with the HyperScorpion.
Juiced Bikes HyperScorpion Review – $??? Electric Utility Moped
The regular Scorpion is more properly an e-bike and the HyperScorpion is more properly a moped… when you’re in race mode, the pedal-assist doesn’t seem to use the torque sensor at all… all the way up in gear eight and yeah, hit that 30mph, no problem.
Juiced Bikes Scorpion Is an E-Bike With a Motorcycle Spirit
I’m only 5’2” so I was pretty worried that it might be too big for me, but I had no problem. It’s a very comfortable ride with front and rear suspension, a cushioned seat so you basically feel like you’re riding a motorcycle.
Hands on the New Scorpion E-Bike by Juiced Bikes
They say that it can reach up to 28 miles per hour, but you know, honestly, after I tried so hard to reach that speed I was able to only reach 25 miles per hour but like I said, this is meant for comfort, not for speed… It doesn’t have that hard torque that the Hyper models have.
Watch This Before You Buy a Juiced HyperScorpion
So…I’ve ridden my hyper for a few months and I like it, but I don’t LOVE it. It’s a really nice bike/moped… The bike has some quirks, like if you aren’t careful it will take off on you… But, my biggest issue is the weight…the Hyper is seriously heavy and when I added the seat extender it got even heavier. All that weight means the batteries aren’t going to last as long and you can’t go as far… Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn’t have gotten this bike…and that is just a personal decision. I don’t need something this big and heavy…and powerful. A simple e-bike probably would’ve fit my needs better.
Review of Juiced Scorpion | My Pros and Cons
I had to actually hit the battery to get it into place… other than that, I love the style of the bike… it’s a pretty OK e-bike… I think on average I probably get around 20-25 miles out if it riding really heavy, like throttle-only… If you are going to get an e-bike, get rear shocks.
Juiced Scorpion Detailed Review
How’s this thing to ride? Well, currently going up a hill at 18 miles per hour, now I’m going down at 24. Throw some pedal into it, hit 29 or 30 almost. On a flat I can cruise at 26 and I’m not putting any serious energy into it. So that’s ‘race mode’.
The Juiced Scorpion E-Bike Ushers in the Return of the (Electric) Moped
The step-through design of the bike translates to a platform that’s much easier to just get on and go with, as long as you’re using the throttle. It’s not designed or intended to be a cyclist’s bike. It’s for cruising, so don’t complain, just get on and ride.
My Honest Review of the Juiced HyperScorpion eBike
After riding the HyperScorpion for a week, I say it was well worth the investment… The top speed is over 30 mph! That’s wild… The HyperScorpion is also a pretty badass-looking bike… Despite the fact that the box had no visible damage from the outside, and the parts seemed secure inside, my headlight was damaged… the new headlight came in within a week of my report… Even with my heavier frame, the bike went up hills with no issue…
Bicycle, Moped, Ebike or Motorcycle? Juiced Bikes’ Hyper-Versatile HyperScorpion May Be All of the Above
My family and I put hundreds of miles on it in all kinds of scenarios, ranging from alpine bike paths to dirt trails to skirting waves on Oregon beaches, plus many miles rolling around the neighborhood in the sun and rain. We never had a single problem with the Hyper Scorpion, despite using it as often as possible… great fun, highly reliable and one of the most exciting e-bikes I rode this year…
Juiced HyperScorpion Moped Style Ebike Review
After putting over 100 miles on the bike I’m very happy with it. I love how much safer I feel on city streets due to the form of the bike. Drivers tend to respect it more than a bicycle… If there’s any area where I think the bike should be improved it would be the brakes… The HyperScorpion is not a whisper quiet cat…It’s more like a wild hyena…
Juiced Scorpion 6 Month Review – 50+ Dual Sport Mobility Solution?
I strongly recommend the Juiced Scorpion for 50+ aged riders looking for mobility in urban areas and outdoors. Sure-footed, substantial feeling, good set of controls, make this an electric dual-sport that delivers the sensation of riding a bike and a motorcycle combined.
Best Electric Bikes
2 days ago
2 days ago