Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Hiplok AIRLOK. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- Owners are impressed by the Airlok’s robust, high-quality construction. The 30 mm locking pin and frame are both made of hardened steel.
- The Airlok holds security certification ratings from Sold Secure (Diamond) and ART (⭐⭐).
- The Hiplok Airlok is considered attractive and stylish. It’s a ‘Design and Innovation Award’ winner.
- Airlok buyers receive 3x coded keys. With registration, they are replaceable.
- Owners say the Airlok fits most mountain, road and commuter bike frames.
- Your bike’s frame is protected by the Airlok’s rubberized ‘mouth’.
- The Hiplok Airlok keeps your bike away from the wall.
- A number of users found the Airlock simple to assemble and install.
- Users say the Airlock is durable, whether it’s mounted indoors or out.
- The Airlok takes up minimal real estate on a home or garage wall. It also preserves garage floor space by keeping your bike off the ground.
- Owners like using the room available above the Airlok, to store their helmet.
- Owners commend Hiplok’s customer service. Replacement parts are sent swiftly.
4 reasons not to buy
- The Airlok’s security ratings only apply when it’s installed into a concrete wall using Hiplok’s mounting hardware.
- Numerous owners say that the Airlok’s lock pin is fiddly.
- The Hiplok Airlok is not cheap.
- Installation requires a ‘non-standard’ 12” distance between wall studs.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!