Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Electric Bike Company Model R. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- Experts and owners praise the Model R’s comfortable ride quality.
- Like all Electric Bike Company (EBC) models, the components and their colors are fully customizable.
- This bike is delivered fully assembled and ready to ride.
- Activating pedal assistance requires holding the down arrow for three seconds, a safety feature that eliminates unwanted accelerations.
- The 500W MXUS motor provides ample acceleration, according to one reviewer.
- The four-piston Tektro Dorado hydraulic disc brakes prove responsive and powerful in tests. One reviewer says, “... these may be the best brakes I’ve used.”
- Experts say the puncture-resistant 3” tires provide plenty of traction.
- Buyers can choose between 24” and 26” wheels at no extra cost.
- Testers say the Model R is stable and handles well at high speeds.
- EBC includes a high-output 3.5A charger, resulting in faster-than-average charging times.
- Experts appreciate the large color display. The display has a USB port for charging devices.
- Reviewers and buyers say the wide padded saddle with shock-absorbing elastomers is comfortable.
- The Model R has a relatively high payload capacity of 350lb.
8 reasons not to buy
- Reviewers criticize the Model R’s maneuverability.
- The “Rugged Enduro” label used by EBC is exaggerated, according to several experts.
- Due to the single-speed drivetrain, riders must rely heavily on the motor when climbing hills. A 7-speed Shimano Altus drivetrain costs extra.
- A tester reports poor hill-climbing performance, particularly when using the throttle alone.
- The base Model R doesn’t come with fenders, a rack, or a rear light.
- A reviewer says the battery is tricky to remove.
- This bike is heavy, weighing 57lb without any additional accessories. Several users complain about the weight.
- According to one tester, the Model R lunges forward when beginning to pedal in assist level five.
Expert Reviews81/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Model R Review: Here’s What Makes This 1.25 KW US-Made Cruiser Ride So Well
The Model R costs a bit more than a budget electric cruiser or leisure e-bike, but it’s also a better bike… I’m super happy with my experience on the Model R and I would definitely recommend the bike as a winner.
The Premium Rugged Cruiser – EBC Model R Review – Electric Bike Company
Electric Bike Company totes this bike as the “Rugged Enduro,” and mentions its on-road and off-road capabilities. There are definitely quite a few trails you could take this on, but it is probably more at home on the sidewalks, bike lanes, or crushed-granite type of trails…
Best Electric Bikes
1 day ago
1 day ago