Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Electric Bike Company Model F. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- Testers praise the comfortable ride quality provided by a “cushy” saddle, 3” puncture-resistant tires, and Zoom suspension fork.
- Electric Bike Company (EBC) ships the Model F fully assembled and ready to ride.
- Reviewers compliment the Bengal hydraulic disc brakes, one saying they perform “extremely well.”
- Two experts are impressed by the 750W MXUS motor’s power.
- Activating pedal assist requires a three-second hold on the down button. This safety feature helps avoid unwanted accelerations.
- One expert says the throttle is very responsive.
- The Model F has a wide height range of 4’6” to 6’8”.
- EBC provides a 3.5A charger, which reduces charging time compared to similarly priced competition.
6 reasons not to buy
- Two reviewers complain that there is no stand to rest the bike when folded.
- The seat must be very high in order to get full leg extension when pedaling. One expert says this makes the bike difficult to dismount.
- The Model F is heavy for a folding e-bike, tipping the scales at 63.5lb in one test (EBC claims 56lb).
- The 12Ah battery is smaller than average for this type of bike.
- There is no way to adjust the handlebar angle, and reviewers feel the handlebar is too narrow.
- The Model F doesn’t come with a basket, rack, or fenders. Buyers must contact EBC when purchasing to have these added at an additional charge.
Expert Reviews83/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
Electric Bike Company Model F Review: A Refreshingly Stylish Folding
Overall, the Model F is an interesting entry point for EBC into non-cruiser e-bikes. The quality matches [what] we have come to expect from Electric Bike Company, but we would like to see some subtle changes in the next generation.
Best Electric Bikes
2 hours ago
2 days ago