Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Electric Bike Company Model E. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- 1000 peak-watts of pure electro-juice flow on-tap, from the Model E’s MXUS motor.
- Model E buyers can customize the bike’s colors, battery, suspension & accessories.
- The Model E’s step-through frame suits shorter and less-flexible riders.
- Reviewers enjoy the Model E’s comfortable, upright riding position.
- Testers rejoice at EBC’s use of dependable & durable, quality components.
- Halting duties are fulfilled by two-piston Bengal hydraulic disc brakes, in combination with a motor cut-off feature.
- Integrated lighting is included, with dual lights at the rear.
- The Model E arrives 99% assembled. Just straighten the bars, adjust the seat height and check the tire pressure. Bam.
- The Model E is sleek and minimal, with its internalized battery and cabling.
- EBC says the Model E fits riders from 4’6″ to 6’8″.
- An adjustable stem helps customize this one-size-only rig to your own stature.
- The Model E is the Electric Bike Company’s most affordable model.
- Testers report a comfy saddle and secure, lock-on leather grips.
- It’s got an easy-to-read, full-color display with a USB outlet for your accessories.
- Schwalbe Fat Frank 2.35” whitewall tires are stable and stylin'.
- The Model E is covered by these warranties: battery (5 years), motor (10 years), frame (10 years), & paint (30 days).
- A steel fork dampens jounce-induced vibration over rickety roads.
- The single-speed drivetrain is quiet, secure, and requires minimal maintenance.
7 reasons not to buy
- The Model E’s relaxed geometry necessitates using lots of throttle on climbs.
- The Model E’s handlebars are swept way-back, which isn’t ergonomic for everyone.
- The Model E’s 56x18 single-speed ratio will spin-out at higher cadences.
- Fenders and baskets are optional accessories. They cost extra.
- More than one owner struggled with relentlessly screeching brakes.
- There are no bottle cage bosses on the Model E.
- As with all EBC bikes, the headlight is fixed to the headtube, so it doesn’t follow on turns.
Expert Reviews88/100 based on 8 rated expert reviews
Made in USA E-Bike! Electric Bike Company Model E | 1000 watt 48V Highly Customizable From Factory
Very acceptable base price. It is high quality. I would take off a point for that 1000-watt peak rating. I just don’t like that, I feel like it’s deceptive. Let’s talk about range. I got 40.1 miles.
Electric Bike Company Model E Review: A Quality Cruiser That Doesn’t Break the Bank!
The Model E cruiser-style e-bike from Electric Bike Company is distinguished by its affordability and quality. The bottom line, the MXUS motor provides more than enough power and is perhaps overkill for a cruiser-style e-bike.
Electric Bike Company Model E Live Review
At the entry-level price-point this is really nice. I’ve reviewed a lot of bikes under [the bike’s current asking price] and they’re just OK. Very well built. I have, at the moment, zero complaints. Just a quality build all-round.
Review: Electric Bike Company’s Model E Is an Affordable US-Built E-Bike for Nearly Everyone
The Model E offers a great balance of quality parts and economical pricing. It feels a bit more like a city cruiser, as in something I could use both for lazy boardwalk rides and brisker city commutes.