Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Brompton Electric. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- When folded, the Brompton Electric is compact, portable and lightweight to carry.
- Testers say this e-bike is easy to fold in 20-30 seconds, after minutes of practice.
- Brompton says their Electric bike can attain a maximum range of 45 miles.
- The bike’s battery and charger are neatly contained within one removable bag.
- Critics and users say the Brompton Electric is supremely convenient on multi-modal commutes.
- This e-bike is admired for its hand-made, premium quality and durability.
- The Brompton Electric’s hill-climbing abilities are lauded by many reviewers.
- This little e-bike boasts a 300% gear range across a 6-speed (2x3) drivetrain.
- Testers describe the Brompton Electric as being “agile, zesty and nippy”.
- When folded, the Brompton Electric locks securely into place.
- It only take 4 hours to fully charge the Brompton Electric.
- You can charge your devices using the provided 5V 1.5A USB port.
- Busch & Müller front and rear lights run off the Brompton Electric’s main battery.
- This e-bike comes fitted with full fenders that feature wide, rubberized flaps.
- Brompton provides riders with interconnected apps, on iOS and Android.
- Two handlebar options are available, to fit riders from 4’6” to 6’8”.
- The Brompton Electric is available in a range of attractive colors.
- Testers say the electric Brompton also rides well without power.
6 reasons not to buy
- The Brompton Electric’s maximum speed is only 15.5 mph.
- Some testers feel that electric assistance is not always smooth or nuanced.
- Because the Brompton Electric is a premium hand-build, it is priced highly.
- Reviewers say the Brompton Electric’s design is more practical than elegant.
- The bike’s battery bag tended to rattle on rides over uneven surfaces.
- This e-bike’s front-wheel hub-motor can spin in wet conditions.
Expert Reviews77/100 based on 14 rated expert reviews
Brompton Electric Review: E-folding Bike With a Touch of F1!
The materials used are so robust and of such high quality that cycling becomes intuitive and safe despite the relatively tiny wheels. The sheer degree of flexibility that the bike offers and the high fun factor speak for themselves.
Brompton Electric (M6L) Review: A Commuter’s Dream
This is a folding electric bike just as it should be – supremely convenient and useful. A sure-fire way to make journeys more relaxing – especially thanks to the easy folding mechanism. However, the significant price tag can’t be ignored.