Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Aventon Soltera. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
22 reasons to buy
- At 43lb, this is a lightweight e-bike that's easy to carry upstairs or lift onto a rack.
- The Soltera is available in both mid-step and stepover frame options.
- The Soltera comes with a front rack and basket.
- Under normal use, Aventon say an average range of 41 miles can be expected.
- Testers have verified a 20-mile range on the Soltera, using only the throttle.
- For their offering price, Soltera models are seen as affordable.
- Rear brake lights are seamlessly integrated into the Soltera’s seatstays.
- The Soltera comes in Regular and Large sizes to fit riders from 5'1" to 6'4".
- Aventon’s sophisticated app pairs with the Soltera and its display.
- The Soltera features an independent throttle that's operable from a dead stop.
- On 700c wheels, 35mm tires are a good compromise between comfort and speed.
- The Soltera’s battery only takes 5 hours to fully charge.
- Assembly is easy, taking under 30 minutes with packed-in tools.
- The Soltera accelerates smoothly, without lurches between assist levels.
- The Soltera’s color display is clear, easy to navigate and comprehensive.
- Aggressive geometry places riders in a prime position for traffic weaving.
- The Soltera’s lockable battery can be removed for off-bike charging or security.
- The Soltera has a maximum payload capacity of 300lb.
- Good looks are thanks to slick paint, smooth welds, an integrated battery, and internally-routed cabling.
- The Soltera’s Selle Royal saddle is well-padded without being squishy.
- Platform pedals provide a large, flat surface for use with casual shoes.
- Aventon supplies a comprehensive manual and online assembly video.
3 reasons not to buy
- A number of buyers said they received their Soltera with a nonfunctional battery.
- Without a torque sensor, testers note a small delay before pedal assist kicks in.
Experts describe the Soltera’s 36V 9.6Ah battery capacity as “below average”.
One tester feels that Aventon’s range calculations are greatly overstated.
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Aventon Soltera Review: This Stylish, Lightweight E-Bike Is Something Else!
If you ride a lot in urban environments and are looking for an e-bike that offers good speed, great mileage on a single charge, great hill-climbing ability, and a stylish frame, then you really can’t go wrong with the Aventon Soltera.
Aventon Soltera Hands-On Review (Light & Agile Fitness E-Bike)
If you’re looking for an e-bike that’s enjoyable to ride on both human and motor power, it’s definitely a great choice. If you’re doing more than 14 miles at a time and you want to take full advantage of the motor, you might want a different bike.
Aventon Soltera Review
A reasonably priced e-bike with responsive handling, a streamlined design, great battery integration… It’s not the most powerful bike… it has a respectable distance range… At just 44lb and 7oz, the Soltera is easier than most to carry… and we feel it is a great option for urban environments, commuting, or just getting out and having fun.
Aventon Soltera E-Bike Review 2023 Watch Before You Buy!
The website states you can get up to 41mi on pedal assist. However, in my experience, I got approximately 25mi… All e-bikes overestimate the range of their batteries. However, I feel like Aventon took this a step too far… this is still a super fun e-bike to ride and you’re going to get an actual workout when you’re riding it…
Aventon Soltera E-Bike Review – 7-Speed Electric Bike
It’s a fantastic bike. I just really really like the design… the battery is nicely integrated into the frame… Folks, what is there not to like? I guess it’s just the price. You got to pay a pretty penny to have a nice electric bike like this.
Aventon Soltera 7-Speed Review:
Quality Lightweight City Electric Bike at an Affordable Price
It’s just not very often that an e-bike is so lightweight that I could pick it up easily with one hand. So, as you can see, I’m not the strongest guy in the world but this is a pretty light e-bike and that comes in a lot of handy…
Surprising Results From Our Aventon Soltera Review!
It’s official. At 23.7 miles we lost all assistance… This bike really did go a lot farther than what I thought it would, with the level that I had it in, and also what Aventon said on their website, so that’s a great thing.
Aventon Soltera Review: Specs, Price, Pros and Cons
If you’re looking for a city commuter, you can’t go wrong with the Aventon Soltera. With around 30 miles of range under average usage, you can easily get back and forth to work no matter what city you’re in. Don’t buy it if… You want a really long-range e-bike.
Finally, a Lightweight E-Bike That’s Actually Affordable
It’s sleek, streamlined, rides very smoothly… For the last few weeks, I’ve been riding around town, easily carrying the 43lb bike up and down stairs, and throwing it in and out of the back of my sister’s trunk…