Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Aventon Pace 500.3. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- Testers found the Pace 500.3 climbs steep hills easily.
- Reviewers like that the Pace 500.3 has Class 3 capability.
- A tester attained more range than Aventon’s claimed 60-mile maximum.
- The Pace 500.3 is available in step-over and easy-access step-through versions.
- Both versions are available in 2 sizes each, fitting riders 4’11” to 6’4”.
- Swept-back handlebars offer an ergonomic & upright ride position.
- Testers like the seatstay-mounted rear lights that also act as turn signals.
- Reviewers like that Aventon offers sales and servicing through local bike shops.
- Reviewers compliment the Pace 500.3’s integrated headlight.
- An adjustable stem helps riders to attain a comfortable fit.
- At 52 lb, the Pace 500.3 is lighter than numerous similarly-priced e-bikes.
- Tektro hydraulic brakes provide strong deceleration with moderate effort.
- Experts were pleased with the action of Shimano’s Altus derailleur and shifter.
- Testers prefer the Pace 500.3’s gear ratio to that of the 500.2.
- Reviewers praise the extra features offered by Aventon’s connected app.
9 reasons not to buy
Some owners report a harsh ride aboard the Pace 500.3.
One tester sought a suspension fork.
- An owner says, without accessories, the Pace 500.3 is “bare bones”. A tester agrees.
- Reviewers note the significant price increase compared to the Pace 500.2.
An owner is frustrated by only being able to reach a top speed of 24 mph
(and not the specced 28 mph).
- Reviewers and owners note that the 12.8 Ah battery is smaller than average.
- A tester is annoyed that the bike’s throttle is not available without pedaling.
- One buyer received their 500.3 with a frame that was misaligned.
- Owners and testers say the 500.3’s paintwork is easily marked.
- A tester feels that the Pace 500.3’s upright comfort-bike-style ride position is at odds with riding at the bike’s upper speed limit.
Expert Reviews95/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Aventon Pace 500.3 Step Through Review, 2023
We laud Aventon for deciding torque sensors are the way to go with this bike… It has the capability to go it alone on the steepest of hills. The Aventon Pace 500.3 Step-Through proves you can make a great e-bike even greater with only a few minor changes.
Aventon Pace 500.3 Review:
Reinvigorate Your Ride With a Torque Sensor and Blinkers!
Our review of the Aventon Pace 500.3 finds more similarities than differences compared to the prior model. The earlier generation has a cadence sensor compared to the new release, which has a torque sensor. Features unique to the Pace 500.3 are the turn signals, swept-back handlebars, and adjustable stem.
Pace 500.3 Hands-On Review
The Pace 500.3 is a relaxed, upright bike that’s perfect for gentle (but fast) rides around the city. The torque sensor is a great addition. It boosts the effective range… I found the bike very fun to ride, and it’s been very well-received among my friends. It does dirt okay, but it does not do rocks and bumps great.
Introducing the Aventon Pace 500.3… It’s Changing the Game!
The bike is tight. It’s comfortable. The swooped-back cruiser-style handlebars are great. I like the fact that we still have our throttle and that it only works in one of the pedal assist levels. I like the fact that it has integrated back lights. I never thought that I’d enjoy the torque sensor as much as I am.
Daytrip in an EV + Aventon Pace 500.3
That’s the cool thing about it, it just eases into it… They’ve added a torque sensor and turn signals on the new version and then they have an app that you can log into and it’ll show you how far you’ve gone, your battery, and all that stuff…
2023 Aventon Pace 500.3
The Pace 500.3 sports a 48V, 500W brushless rear hub motor, giving you the power to conquer hills like a mountain goat on steroids. I could ride this bike for hours, and continue talking about how I could ride this bike for hours, for hours. But in all seriousness, the Pace 500.3 is a well-built e-bike.
The New Electric Bike Everyone is Talking About:
Aventon Pace 500.3 Initial Review
It has eight gears, a torque sensor, dual brake lights, turn signals, the adjustable gooseneck, an integrated headlight, color display, phone app, super-cushy seat, battery that you can pull out and put back in. I mean… come on guys, come on! Fenders, you can put fenders on this bike!
Best Electric Bikes
Latest Discussions in the Forum
15 hours ago
18 hours ago
14 September – 1 October