Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Aventon Pace 350. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- At its low price, the Pace 350 is seen as an affordable entry-level option.
- The Pace 350 reaches a decent maximum range despite its smaller battery.
- At 46.0lb to 47.9lb, the Pace 350 is lighter than most e-bikes.
- The Pace 350 can reach 20mph with the handlebar-mounted trigger throttle.
- Tektro mechanical brakes do a good job of stopping the Pace 350.
- The Pace 350’s display is easy-to-read and features intuitive controls.
- Experts say that the Pace 350’s assist sets in smooth with nary a shudder or jerk.
- The Pace 350’s 7-speed Shimano Tourney drivetrain shifts smoothly.
- An upright seating position makes the Pace 350 suited to casual urban riding.
- The Pace 350 is available in small and medium sizes to fit riders from 4’11” to 6’1”.
- With a cushioned saddle and ergonomic ride position, the Pace 350 is comfortable.
- The Pace 350’s step-through design aids in mounting, dismounting and stopping,
- Experts described the Pace 350’s ride quality as stable, planted and predictable.
- The Pace 350 is light enough for one person to lift on to a car-mounted rack.
- Owners say the Pace 350’s motor is quiet.
- The Pace 350’s in-frame battery can be removed for security or off-bike charging.
- Aventon blesses Pace 350 owners with a one-year warranty.
- The Pace 350 is easy to assemble in around thirty minutes for someone with moderate mechanical aptitude, by using the online video.
5 reasons not to buy
- The bare-bones Pace 350 lacks accessories such as fenders, a rack or lights.
- Some experts say that the Pace 350 requires more assembly than other e-bikes.
- The Pace 350’s 12-magnet cadence sensor results in an “on-off” assist feel.
- It seems that the Pace 350 is now only available with a step-through frame.
- The Pace 350’s display is not removable and could be stolen.
Expert Reviews79/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Aventon Pace 350 Step-Through Review
The Aventon Pace 350 is one of the least expensive electric bikes we’ve tested, but its performance rivals that of the more expensive competition… It may not be the fastest or most powerful e-bike around, but we feel it is an excellent option for commuting, errands, and casual joy rides, and a great value to boot.