Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- This rig was versatile, being either an aggressive racer or bikepacker.
- A well thought-out frame allows for either 650b or 700c tires.
- The Jena’s carbon tubing features Kam Tail aero shaping.
- Jena builds are available in configurations with both 1x and 2x drivetrains.
- It’s indisputably lightweight, with a 2.2lb frame and 1lb fork.
- Myriad mounts ensure room for luggage, bottles and fenders.
- Internally-routed cabling keeps a stylish frame neat.
- Five different sizes, from XS to XL, offer a frame for most riders.
- A sloping top-tube allows for high stand-over and decent seatpole flex.
- Thin, flat seatstays allow flex and absorb vibrations.
- Generous clearance is given, for 650b tires up to 2.1” in width.
- Ritchey ErgoMax bars offered a variety of stances and an aggressive feel.
- The Jena felt comfortable, especially in the drops, unlike many gravel bikes.
3 reasons not to buy
- Ritchey ErgoMax bars made the bike sit too tall for some reviewers.
- Shimano RS171 wheels were heavy and were not tubeless-ready.
- On Shimano GRX builds, the short-cage rear derailleur limited the Jena’s gear range.
Expert Reviews79/100 based on 4 expert reviews
Wilier Jena Ultegra
You could divide the gravel scene into those who blast the trails for a couple of hours and bikepackers who want to load up and head off on an overnight adventure. The Jena has both covered.
Wilier Jena Ultegra
…the Jena is an athletic example of the gravel bike breed. Quick, responsive and fun whether loaded up for a weekend tour or stripped bare for a race. Where the Wilier does falter is with pricing.
Test – Wilier Jena: Versatile Gravel, But Almost Racing Performance [Italian]
Great versatility of use, carbon fiber frame and reasonable price.
Review: Wilier Jena, for Gravelers [Dutch]
Don’t think that you get a crosser when you order the Jena: it is more a very robust Urban Explorer than a pure off-road rocket.
Wilier Triestina Jena Gravel Bike – Italian Style – “Free to Choose”
Wilier have created one of the better all-round bikes available on the market today. It does most things you throw at it well…