Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Wilier Triestina Jena. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- This rig was versatile, being either an aggressive racer or bikepacker.
- A well thought-out frame allows for either 650b or 700c tires.
- The Jena’s carbon tubing features Kam Tail aero shaping.
- Jena builds are available in configurations with both 1x and 2x drivetrains.
- It’s indisputably lightweight, with a 2.2lb frame and 1lb fork.
- Myriad mounts ensure room for luggage, bottles and fenders.
- Internally-routed cabling keeps a stylish frame neat.
- Five different sizes, from XS to XL, offer a frame for most riders.
- A sloping top-tube allows for high stand-over and decent seatpole flex.
- Thin, flat seatstays allow flex and absorb vibrations.
- Generous clearance is given, for 650b tires up to 2.1” in width.
- Ritchey ErgoMax bars offered a variety of stances and an aggressive feel.
- The Jena felt comfortable, especially in the drops, unlike many gravel bikes.
3 reasons not to buy
- Ritchey ErgoMax bars made the bike sit too tall for some reviewers.
- Shimano RS171 wheels were heavy and were not tubeless-ready.
- On Shimano GRX builds, the short-cage rear derailleur limited the Jena’s gear range.
Expert Reviews79/100 based on 4 rated expert reviews
The Wilier Jena; a 2018 Gravel Bike Review
…an indecisive design that brings in a lot of different elements that to me really do not make sense to combine but in total still makes a very versatile and confident bike that is fun to ride, surprisingly fast and playful.
Best Gravel and Adventure Bikes
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October