BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Vitus Energie. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- The value-for-money of this rig blew reviewers away.
- The Energie loved cyclocross, gravel and winter commutes.
- Reviewers agreed that the Energie was rapid when thrashed.
- Responsive and immediate handling aided sharp changes in direction.
- The wide, tapered steerer was extra stiff under steering and braking loads.
- Pearlescent colors in gold and emerald were highly shmick.
- Owners reported that the Energie stayed comfortable on long rides
- The frame was stiff, sturdy and shaped with carrying in mind.
- Decent quality was evident across all components.
- Geometry angles and tubing lengths were well thought-out.
- Maximum clearance is for tires at 700x45c, 29×2.1 or 650bx50c.
- Wide tires made for a comfortable ride on a stiff frame.
- On Force models, their 1x groupset shifted positively and dutifully.
- Experts said this rig was reasonably lightweight and easy to shoulder.
- Integrated fender mounts made mudproofing easy.
- An ‘extras’ pack included useful tools and accessories.
- The Energie is readily adapted to a 2x setup with a front derailleur.
- WTB Cross Boss 35mm tires handled most offroad situations and resisted punctures well.
4 reasons not to buy
- One reviewer felt gearing lacked a top-end for faster gravel or road-riding.
- The alloy seatpost could be replaced with something more forgiving.
- Build quality from one retailer could be very poor.
- One owner said that headset and bottom bracket bearings wore out quickly.
Expert Reviews90/100 based on 3 expert reviews
Vitus Energie CRX
Overall, the Vitus Energie CRX is one hell of a package for the money, and it is a great bike to ride too, whether you’re racing or just playing around off the beaten track.
Vitus Energie Carbon CR SRAM Rival Cyclocross Bike
With a very good carbon frame, great wheels and top groupset… it’s an amazing package at a great price. And definitely ready to get loose.
Vitus Energie VR Cyclocross Bike
It’s fantastic fun to ride and I don’t doubt for a moment it’s ability to make you grin from ear to ear on either the race track or… an over night bike packing weekender.
Six of the best – SRAM build bikes
You might want to trim some weight somewhere, but for less than a grand (£) it’s really hard to complain.
Vitus Energie Cyclo X
Absolutely ideal if you’re looking to dip your toe into the muddy puddle of cyclocross for the first time.