Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Thule UpRide. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- Carbon fiber bike owners chose the UpRide, as it makes no contact with their frame or fork.
The UpRide fits bikes with 20” to 29” wheels and tires up to 3” wide
(or up to 5” with Thule's fatbike adapter).
- With a one-bike payload of 44 lb, the UpRide can carry most non-electric bikes.
- Some owners say the UpRide holds their bike securely, even in strong winds.
- Some users find assembly and installation of the UpRide to be a breeze.
- Reviewers say the UpRide is durable and stands up to weather exposure.
- Owners say the UpRide is a sound fit for bikes with longer wheelbases.
- Testers like that the UpRide doesn’t require riders to remove their front wheel.
- Owners deem the UpRide ‘versatile’, as it is compatible with a number of crossbars.
- Reviewers say the UpRide is compact and easy to store, when folded.
- Experts believe the Thule UpRide represents “decent” value.
6 reasons not to buy
- By owner & tester reports, the UpRide isn’t quick-and-easy to fasten or remove.
- As owners lament, locking cores for the UpRide are sold separately.
Some owners say that the UpRide doesn’t work well with narrow tires
(road, cyclocross, some gravel).
- Many owners report a moderate amount of lateral wobble with the UpRide.
- Numerous buyers struggled with Thule’s instructions for the UpRide.
- A few owners say the locking mechanism failed, causing their bike to fall onto the road or car roof and causing damage to both their bike and their car.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews69/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
Thule UpRide. What They Don’t Show You
If you guys decide to buy one of these racks check this bolt, because I had excessive play. You got to make sure you have the blue loctite. Secure it right in there. Don’t over-torque this. Just make sure it’s nice and tight. Boom.