Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- Dual brake levers allow the rider to safely stop from two riding positions.
- Numerous cyclists regarded the Courage’s ride quality as ‘smooth’.
- The Courage is sold at an accessibly low price, for beginner road cyclists.
- Wide 32c tires with hybrid tread ensured confidence on rougher city roads.
- Owners admired the Courage’s pink and black color scheme.
- Many owners said that assembly was easy, especially using an online video.
- Susan G. Komen bikes contribute to promoting breast cancer awareness.
- The Courage’s bolt-on wheel axles provide an extra barrier to bike thieves.
8 reasons not to buy
- New bikes were reported missing a saddle, screws and a reflector.
- Decals were stickers and peeled easily.
- Sizing ran a bit large for shorter riders below 5’5”.
- Front wheels could arrive untrue and weren’t quick release.
- Stem-shifters require riders to take a hand off the handlebar to change gears.
- The Courage was heavier than many road bikes.
- Some owners found the stock saddle uncomfortable.
- Handlebar tape was foamy and vulnerable to damage and staining.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Susan G. Komen 700c Women’s Courage Road Bike. Review
For the most part, the bike seems pretty par for the course of what you would expect from a bike in this price range. …A lot of stores do offer free assembly but we chose to build it ourselves.