BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Specialized Ruby. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- The Specialized Ruby has a carbon frame. Specialized designs the carbon layup differently on each size to best suit riders of that size.
- This is a women's specific bicycle. It is built with components, such as the saddle, that are ergonomic to women's bodies.
- The CG-R seat post absorbs road vibrations and offers riders additional flex for traversing rough roads.
- Specialized uses the Future Shock spring system up front. This offers great small bump compliance and reduces the jolt felt on bigger hits.
- There are three springs options for the Future Shock that allow riders to fine-tune the compliance of the Ruby for their weight and the roads they traverse.
- Disc brakes provide riders with excellent stopping power in all types of weather.
- The bike has a high stack and low reach. This places riders in a comfortable upright riding position for long days in the saddle and confident descents.
- Specialized Turbo Pro tires offer riders additional stability descending on the Ruby.
- The bike fits a wide range of riders, with five sizes. Size 44 fits riders as short as 4'8", making it ideal for teenagers.
- The Ruby is offered in attractive color options, as noted by testers.
- The S-Works model of the Ruby has a SWAT compartment. Riders can fit a tube, tools, CO2, and snacks in it.
3 reasons not to buy
- The bike's geometry is not very aggressive. This limits the rider's ability to accelerate quickly.
- Testers agree the bike has a high price point, especially the S-Works model.
- Specialized designed the Ruby to place riders in an upright position that makes steep climbs difficult.
Expert Reviews70/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Specialized Ruby Expert Review
The Specialized Ruby is the women’s version of the Roubaix for men. The Roubaix is a bike that was developed around the classic Paris Roubaix ride in France, which happens in the spring and where they go through treacherous, treacherous cobbles.