Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Specialized Diverge. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- There are builds of the Diverge available with aluminum and carbon frames.
- There is a version of the bike available for almost every budget.
- The Future Shock is a micro-suspension system that offers 20mm of travel to riders. This is included on most builds.
- The Diverge is versatile. It is designed to travel paved and gravel roads. It’s also capable of exploring smooth singletrack.
- Higher-end aluminum models and carbon models of the bike have the Cobble Gobbler seat post that dampens road chatter in the rear.
- With mounts for up to three water bottles, riders can cover a great distance in one ride.
- There are mounts for racks and fenders. These allow riders to use the Diverge for their daily commute or a bikepacking trip.
- The internally routed cables are aesthetically pleasing.
- A low bottom bracket allows riders to corner confidently.
- The Sawtooth Sport tires excel on pavement and firm gravel roads.
- The drop bars have a 12° flare. This provides riders with a comfortable position for long days in the saddle and allows riders to maneuver the Diverge with ease.
- Specialized covers their paintwork with a protective finish to prevent damage from stray rocks when exploring backroads.
- One expert confirmed it’s possible to utilize aerobars with the Future Shock intact.
- Testers were pleased with the bike's maximum tire clearance. One can run a 700c x 42mm or 650b x 47mm wheel and tire setup on the bike.
5 reasons not to buy
- The bike is not as efficient as a road bike. One tester swapped their wheelset for road tires and wheels and found the bike was slower than their normal road bike.
- The Sawtooth Sport tires struggle on loose and rocky terrain.
- Riders climbing in the standing position with the Future Shock may experience pedal bob.
- The bike comes standard with a 2x setup. Some testers expressed they would have preferred a 1x setup.
- The low bottom bracket sets riders up for frequent pedal strikes navigating rough terrain.
Expert Reviews76/100 based on 5 rated expert reviews
Specialized Men’s Diverge
The latest Specialized Diverge is very impressive to ride. It’s a racer that absolutely flies on the gravel, whose quick handling and relatively short wheelbase makes it a flickable bike with loads of feedback when you’ve got the bit between your teeth.
Specialized Diverge Sport Review
The Sport model we tested is a budget-friendly carbon model that brings some unique features to the table and has an especially comfortable ride quality thanks to their unique Future Shock front suspension and a compliant composite seat post that help to smooth out the ride.
Specialized Diverge Long-Term Review
This is an extremely versatile bike. It’s a bike you can race with the roadies in the morning and go ride some gravel in the afternoon, take the road less traveled, do a little detour here or there and never have to worry about where you’re going.
Specialized Diverge X1
It’s really, really nice. It’s probably worth splashing the cash and going towards one of these higher-end carbon models with the full Future Shock and the Cobl Gobl-R seat post because I think they make a massive difference to the overall ride.
Best Gravel and Adventure Bikes
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October