Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- Raleigh’s Merit was versatile enough to be used as your gravel rig or road ride.
- Wide rims allowed for the option of wider tires at lower pressures.
- Frame clearance also allowed room for tires up to 32mm in width.
- A stiff rear-end ensured efficient pedaling and power transfer.
- A wide range of gears were proffered by the Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain.
- The Raleigh home-brand saddle was reportedly comfortable.
- An ergonomic own-brand handlebar was comfortable to one expert’s hands.
- One owner commended this steed’s durability, after 2100 miles of use.
- Assembly was said to be ‘easy enough’.
- TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes offered smooth modulation and reliable action.
6 reasons not to buy
- A Merit specimen arrived with a bent disc.
- One owner considered the accompanying instructions to be abysmally inadequate.
- An expert reviewer said the Merit’s weight prohibited it from being a race vehicle.
- Buyers suggested replacing stock pedals.
- Steering was sluggish.
- The frame was felt to be excessively flexy in the headtube area.