Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Orbea Terra. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- The Orbea Terra can be set up as a 1x or 2x.
- The bike is available in sizes XS to XL.
- The bike is compatible with 700c or 650b wheel and tire setups.
- Experts agreed the bike was fast, responsive and maneuvered well on gravel descents.
- The long chainstays provide stability while riding the Orbea Terra.
- Orbea’s All Road Geometry includes a longer wheelbase and slack head tube angle, positioning riders to reach speed on gravel and rough terrain.
- The toptube and seat stays are skinny, providing greater compliance for rider comfort on gravel roads.
- The bike has a clean, sleek frame with internally routed cables.
- The internal cabling can be configured for mechanical or electrical shifting and a dropper post.
- The unflared FSA drop bars provide riders with a range of comfortable riding positions. Experts found the bars gave them confidence on descents.
- The bike has a chain device on the front ring that works with a clutch-equipped rear mechanism to eliminate chain bounce and slap on rougher rides.
- The long fork allows for flex in the lower two-thirds of the fork while it is rigid at the headtube. This creates comfort and gives the bike a responsive feel.
- The tires and wheels come tubeless ready on the Orbea Terra.
- The bike has clearance for 700c x 40mm tires. The wide tires provide comfort on small bumps and gravel.
- The bottom bracket area is large, at 70mm, to provide additional stiffness in this high-stress area.
- The hydraulic disc brakes are very responsive.
- This bike may be used for longer day rides or touring with the addition of bags.
- A wheel swap makes this a capable road ride.
3 reasons not to buy
- The Orbea Terra’s bottom bracket easily collects debris and mud.
- The Terra’s gear range did not include a gear easy enough to climb steep gravel, for some experts.
- The bottom bracket is press-fit and can be noisy.
Bottom lineThe Orbea Terra is a sleek all-around bike best for tackling mixed terrain. The bike is stiff and responsive on the road but stable and easy to maneuver on gravel. There are many builds available. This allows riders to choose a Terra that fits their budget and componentry preferences. Many experts found the large press-fit bottom bracket area easily collects debris. Experts thought this bike would be a capable touring bike with the addition of bags but is not quite ready for off-road bikepacking adventures.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews85/100 based on 5 rated expert reviews
Orbea Terra M20-D1x GRX Review
There is a lot to like here: it’s a blast to ride, well-equipped, light, lively and well-priced, too.
Orbea Terra M21-D 19
The Terra is built for speed and as such, is an absolute delight to ride.
Orbea Terra M31 D-19 Adventure Bike Review
As the first adventure bike from Orbea, we think they have done a fantastic job. It is a superb all-rounder and the MyO custom options allow you to make it truly unique.
Orbea Terra M21-D19
First and last impressions are: it’s blooming’ fast! With a stiff and responsive carbon frameset, the Terra is one of the flightiest gravel and adventure bikes I’ve tested.
Orbea Terra Long-Term Review: Happily Devouring the Dirt
The Terra may not quite be the unicorn that Orbea makes it out to be, but that doesn’t make it any less enjoyable to ride, nor does it take long for the bike’s merits to shine through provided you approach the experience with more realistic expectations.
Orbea Terra Carbon Gravel Bike – Long Term Review
If you are looking for a bike to do it all, road, gravel and whatever else you can throw at it, Terra is very worthy of your consideration.
I’ve Got Orbea Terra 2019: My New Bike For Gravel Races
This bike, believe me, amazing for this kind of area.
Months in Review of My Orbea Terra M20d 2020
Love the bike, again.
In the end, we can recommend the Terra for people who want a second, comfortable bike or a winter bike, but if Terra will be your only choice, then Orbea has a much better offer, called the Orca.
Opinion Gravel y Orbea Terra
This bike gives me a mix of everything.