Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Orbea Terra. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- The Orbea Terra can be set up as a 1x or 2x.
- The bike is available in sizes XS to XL.
- The bike is compatible with 700c or 650b wheel and tire setups.
- Experts agreed the bike was fast, responsive and maneuvered well on gravel descents.
- The long chainstays provide stability while riding the Orbea Terra.
- Orbea’s All Road Geometry includes a longer wheelbase and slack head tube angle, positioning riders to reach speed on gravel and rough terrain.
- The toptube and seat stays are skinny, providing greater compliance for rider comfort on gravel roads.
- The bike has a clean, sleek frame with internally routed cables.
- The internal cabling can be configured for mechanical or electrical shifting and a dropper post.
- The unflared FSA drop bars provide riders with a range of comfortable riding positions. Experts found the bars gave them confidence on descents.
- The bike has a chain device on the front ring that works with a clutch-equipped rear mechanism to eliminate chain bounce and slap on rougher rides.
- The long fork allows for flex in the lower two-thirds of the fork while it is rigid at the headtube. This creates comfort and gives the bike a responsive feel.
- The tires and wheels come tubeless ready on the Orbea Terra.
- The bike has clearance for 700c x 40mm tires. The wide tires provide comfort on small bumps and gravel.
- The bottom bracket area is large, at 70mm, to provide additional stiffness in this high-stress area.
- The hydraulic disc brakes are very responsive.
- This bike may be used for longer day rides or touring with the addition of bags.
- A wheel swap makes this a capable road ride.
3 reasons not to buy
- The Orbea Terra’s bottom bracket easily collects debris and mud.
- The Terra’s gear range did not include a gear easy enough to climb steep gravel, for some experts.
- The bottom bracket is press-fit and can be noisy.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 5 rated expert reviews
Orbea Terra Long-Term Review: Happily Devouring the Dirt
The Terra may not quite be the unicorn that Orbea makes it out to be, but that doesn’t make it any less enjoyable to ride, nor does it take long for the bike’s merits to shine through provided you approach the experience with more realistic expectations.