Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- At 17lbs and less, this Orca is more of a minnow than a whale.
- Everything is angled toward speed on this thoroughbred: It’s fast.
- An impressive climber. This fish swims upstream, with porpoise.
- Steep angles offer a sick compromise between aggressive speed and comfort.
- Considering its stiff, light race genesis, it’s supple a.f. on uneven roads.
- The Ultegra groupset’s drivetrain shifted efficiently...
- ...while brakes from the same set halted with precision and might.
- Wide, 35mm, OEM Vision Team rims were welcomed for being light and pliant.
- A sloping top-tube offers plenty of junk-swinging standover.
- Reviewers saw the Orca as a mid-priced bike with top-dollar perks.
- Uninterrupted internal-cabling paths were well devised.
- The tapered, 1⅛ to 1½ steerer is stiff and true.
- The Orca’s frame gives ample leeway to slam some 28c tires up in there.
2 reasons not to buy
- The Orca would do better if shod with fatter rubber than the spec 23mm Vittorias.
- Every Orca M20 comes with a compact crankset. One reviewer welcomed more choices.
Expert Reviews88/100 based on 3 expert reviews
Orbea Orca M20 Pro MyO Review
…unlike the six-ton marine mammal, the two-wheeled Orca is light, fast and an exceptional climber… So, whether you want to basque in glory or have a whale of a time, this Orca really is a killer…
Orbea Orca M20 Review
…the bike stays arrow straight and it’s stiff enough that none of your power feels wasted… It also feels springy and alive on the climbs, and precise on the descents.
Orbea Orca Review: Basque in Name, but German in Soul
Climbers will be especially happy with the bike’s performance characteristics… it can legitimately go toe-to-toe with the best out there in terms of stiffness-to-weight.
Orbea Orca – First Ride And Full Details
Oh and if you’re wondering, “Just what is it like to ride a 13.4lb bike?”, the answer is, “It’s really fast!“. Like, bonkersly fast.
Bike Test: Orbea Orca M20
Besides the impressive ride quality, by spec’ing a complete Ultegra kit, they chose not to risk sacriﬁcing quality components just to lower the price.