Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Marin DSX 2. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- Several users appreciate the value this bike offers.
- Testers think the DSX 2 is a lot of fun, both on roads and on light trails.
- One rider mentions that the 12-speed drivetrain and relatively low weight help when climbing.
- The flat-bar design is appealing if you come from a mountain biking background.
- Generous 29″×2.1″ tire clearance leaves plenty of room for upgrades.
- Marin includes mounts for fenders, bottle cages, and racks (front and rear).
- The stock WTB Riddler tires are fast-rolling.
- A kickstand plate on the chainstays boosts convenience for urban riding and commuting.
- The Shimano Deore drivetrain performs well and is known for its long-term durability.
- The DSX 2 has Shimano flat-mount hydraulic disc brakes and two-finger brake levers.
- Reliable Shimano 160mm CENTER LOCK discs mounted to CENTER LOCK hubs.
7 reasons not to buy
- Some reviewers are critical of the ‘harsh’ ride quality, which is tiring and even painful on longer rides.
- A fork-mounted rack is compatible, but the low weight rating and mount points limit the choice of racks.
- One reviewer notes that mud and debris collect behind the bottom bracket.
- The WTB Riddler tires aren’t suitable for muddy or wet gravel trails.
- One reviewer would prefer to see wider handlebars, to improve control off-road.
- Two experts feel the DSX 2’s reach is too short, making the cockpit feel cramped.
- An expert sees the lack of tubeless tires and rims as a missed opportunity and limits performance.
Bottom lineThe Marin DSX 2 is a fun flat-bar gravel bike suited to riding around town and on light trails. The stylish design and reliable Shimano components provide good value at this price. However, it’s unlikely to find a home with seasoned gravel riders because it delivers a harsh ride on rougher terrain and isn’t suitable for wet trail conditions with the stock tires. Instead, the DSX 2 offers gravel newbies, especially those from a mountain biking background, a funky and reliable way to mix commuting and weekend fun at a reasonable price.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Marin DSX 2 Flat Bar Gravel Bike Review
On the whole, a corking bike for the price, thoughtfully put together with room for some home upgrades too. There’s no denying that this little bike is a lot of fun.
Marin DSX 2 Gravel Bike Review: Budget Flat-Bar Fun, but Bring Extra Tubes
A fun and entertaining machine that won’t break the bank, but also a rough ride and a short reach.
Marin DSX 2 Review – A Mountain Bikers Gravel Bike – Flat Bar Gravel Bikes Rule!
A great all-around bike that is a ton of fun to ride.