Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Diamondback Haanjo Trail. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- The inclusion of a Shimano Ultegra groupset was seen as excellent value.
- Bolts are affixed for two bottle cages as well as front and rear racks.
- A tall headtube height makes for a comfortable stance on long-distance rides.
- On-road performance impressed owners, when this rig was shod with slick tires.
- In addition to specced 700c wheels, 27.5” will also fit, with tires up to 2.1” wide.
- Front and rear 12mm thru-axles add stiffness and strength to this rig’s wheels.
- Wide-ranged Ultegra 2x11 drivetrains were smooth-shifting.
- Shimano hydraulic brakes were powerful, with one or two finger application.
- On alloy models, a stiff frame transferred pedal input efficiently.
- An OEM carbon fiber fork helped reduce vibration through aluminum frames.
- Carbon frames were light, strong and stiff.
- Compact drop bars are well-padded, for a comfortable and upright position.
- On both alloy and carbon models, HED Tomcat rims come tubeless ready.
- 40c Kenda Flintridge Pro tires were plush, fast and cornered well on and off-road.
- On Carbon models, Schwalbe G-One tires were tubeless ready.
- Colors impressed; orange-red on alloy models and petrol blue for carbon.
3 reasons not to buy
- A narrower bar width (440mm) limits handlebar bag options.
- A buyer was disappointed to find that Kenda tires weren’t tubeless-ready.
- Some riders had trouble with toe overlap on the front tire.
Expert Reviews94/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Diamondback Haanjo Trail Gravel Bike Review
…the Haanjo Trail is tricked out for performance… I love flying down gravel roads with this bike, which is lightweight and easy to load with different types of bikepacking bags and accessories… It’s also a dual-purpose bike, that you can turn into a road bike…
Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon Review
The only way to describe the Haanjo Trail Carbon is FUN… the slacker head angle and longer wheelbase make it a comfortable and stable ride for long hours of gravel and trail riding… For the retail price, you aren’t going to find a more affordable and fun adventure companion.