Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Cervélo S3. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- Internally routed cables and a slender carbon frame give the Cervelo S3 a pristine appearance.
- The geometry of the bike sets riders in a position for extremely efficient power transfer. This is ideal for breakaways and sprints.
- Cervelo offers the bike with rim or disc brakes.
- The S3 is capable of racing. The bike is geared to take on a variety of terrain.
- Test riders describe the Cervelo S3 as a quiet ride. The bottom bracket is silent despite being press-fit.
- The carbon frame provides stiffness that assists riders while climbing on the bike.
- Most S3’s come with Continental Grand Prix tires. Experts found these tires to be fast-rolling and offer a smooth ride on pavement.
- Testers were pleased to see that the Cervelo S3 comes with a Prologo Dimension saddle, which is comfortable for many riders.
- On the S3, vibration dampening is assisted by a tire clearance of up to 30mm, along with skinny seat stays.
- The bike uses a quill stem and fork set up for a cleanly integrated front end.
- Experts agree the S3's geometry and componentry offer the perfect balance between stability, stiffness and speed, for long days in the saddle.
- Cervelo offers the bike with wireless shifting. These builds shifted very smoothly and cleanly.
- The bike has a RAT axle system making wheel swaps quicker for riders.
- The bike’s geometry places riders in a position to respond quickly to obstacles and maneuver the bike with ease
5 reasons not to buy
- The Cervelo S3 has a high price tag for most.
- One expert noted the RAT axle system took time to get used to and slows down wheel swaps until the rider can use the set up with ease.
- The cockpit utilizes split spacers to adjust the height of the bars. Test riders noted that making these adjustments is not a simple task.
- The bike does not come tubeless-ready.
- Experts agree that the press-fit bottom bracket on the S3 is harder to maintain than threaded bottom brackets utilized on others in its category.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Best Aero Road Bikes
Aero road bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores