Where to buy
If this bike is out of stock, take a look at our other highly rated bikes.
We earn affiliate commission. Learn more
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Cervélo Áspero. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- This bike easily maintained speed and exhibited efficient power transference.
- Handling was aggressive, sporty and highly responsive.
- Frame clearance caters for tires up to 700c x 42 or 650b x 49.
- A twin-tip fork allows for 5mm of rake adjustment.
- Speed-freaks found that the Áspero accelerated superbly.
- Quality and workmanship was high-end and precise.
- The flared Easton bar felt great in the hands of one expert reviewer.
- The Áspero sports aero shaping in a neat monocoque design.
- Donnelly X’Plor tires increased riders’ comfort level by reducing feedback.
- Aero, carbon DT Swiss wheels delighted, in the Force Etap AXS configuration.
- Cervélo offer the Áspero in classy and diverse duotone color choices.
- A plastic bashguard protects the carbon frame from flung rocks.
- Padding and comfort were lauded on the modern, stubby Prologo saddle.
- Some experts said comfort was ample, considering the bike’s tendency toward performance.
6 reasons not to buy
- The Áspero features NO mounts for either mudguards or racks.
- Adjusting the twin-tip fork also requires brake adjustment.
- One expert said that bartape was thin, overstretched and transferred vibration.
- On the Force eTap, the gear range was limited by a small cassette and 1x drivetrain.
- A long bottom-bracket drop and long cranks resulted in pedal-scrape on techy trails.
- No reviewers said the Áspero was super comfortable, relying on tires for give.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Best Gravel and Adventure Bikes
Gravel and adventure bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores