Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Bianchi Oltre XR4. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- Testers feel the Oltre XR4 is extremely responsive and handles well in all conditions.
- Reviewers note the Oltre XR4's long reach and relatively low stack height create a naturally aggressive aerodynamic position in the saddle.
- The stiff, lightweight carbon frame allows riders to get out of the saddle and put out a lot of power without feeling unstable.
- Riders say the Oltre XR4 climbs well and sprints beautifully, but that it's in its element on fast descents.
- The Bianchi Oltre XR4 is designed with airflow in mind. Reviewers respect its sleek, eye-catching lines.
- Oltre XR4 builds come in four drivetrain options: SRAM Red eTap AXS, Shimano Dura-Ace Di2, SRAM Rival eTap AXS, and Shimano Ultegra Di2.
- When it comes to wheels, buyers can choose from a build with carbon rims (Vision 55 SC) or alloy (Fulcrum Racing 400).
- Reviewers say Shimano hydraulic disc brakes are highly responsive and easy to modulate. On the SRAM Red eTap build, a tester describes braking as “stable, precise and reliable”.
- Testers agree that Bianchi's Countervail® integrated vibration-canceling system smooths out the Oltre XR4's ride, over road bumps and debris.
- To reviewers, the Oltre XR4’s integrated Vision Metron 5D ACR (Aerodynamic Cable Routing) bar/stem combo is stiff, responsive, and aesthetically clean.
3 reasons not to buy
- Several testers thought the bike was sluggish from a standstill and while climbing. They attributed this to the Oltre XR4's heavier weight.
- On Rival eTap and Ultegra Di2 builds, testers feel that alloy Fulcrum Racing wheels are overweight and below spec, given the asking price.
- Experts recognize that the Oltre XR4 is an expensive option, but several maintain that the price represents sound value.
Bottom lineBianchi’s aerodynamic Oltre XR4 is a fast road and racing bike that offers up speed, agility, and responsiveness to its rider. It’s not the lightest option within its class, and you’ll feel that climbing steep grades. But the Oltre makes up for any sluggishness during fast descents. This bike shines bombing downhill, cutting tight corners, and all-out sprinting. What’s more, testers felt comfortable on the XR4 after all-day rides. You’ll find competitors that will beat it on price and value for money, but the Oltre delivers a fun, fast ride.
Expert Reviews86/100 based on 5 rated expert reviews
Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc Ult Di2 2019
You’ll find bikes that beat it on price, but the Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc offers a sparkling ride. It’s a fabulous race bike, offering speed and agility, aero features, and excellent ride quality alongside the power and consistency of hydraulic disc brakes.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 CV Disc Review
The Oltre XR4 mixes high-end aerodynamic engineering with Bianchi’s proven Countervail technology for a world-class ride. In this spec, it represents a dream bike without a ludicrous price tag.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 Ultegra Di2 Disc Review
Bianchi’s Oltre has evolved from its first rim brake semi-aero pro race machine to this latest XR4 model, which is a full-on aero machine. It just comes at a price.
Test – Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc Ultegra Di2: “Race” Bike But Not Too Bad [Italian]
The Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc Ultegra Di2 12v is aggressive, but at the same time balanced. It’s an aero bike, but not extreme. The only negative note, at least in this setup, is the weight…
Tested: Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc [Dutch]
An all-rounder that you can sprint with or ride all day. No, it isn’t cheap.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 First Ride – Is a £██K Bike That Much Better Than a £6K or £1.5K Bike ?
This bike absolutely flies. You only need to ride it for 500 meters and it just feels next level. Countervail? Hello. Yes, that’s weird. It feels like the bike’s got suspension.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc Review
The Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc convinced our test crew with its balanced, predictable handling. It’s especially on the downhills that it persuades you to explore your limits. However, in tough racing scenarios, the Bianchi lacks a vital portion of liveliness.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 Review
Bianchi’s Oltre XR4 continues the brand’s coveted legacy of iconic road machines with its premier ride quality and exceptional aesthetics. The nearly 10-large price for a bike sporting Shimano Ultegra and aluminum hoops just didn’t add up.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc | Here is Our Test [Italian]
The Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc is a bike that brings out its true potential if it is taken to the limit. It is precisely with a vehicle like this that we realize that the limit is not the bike, but the fears and abilities within each of us…
Tech & Test | Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc [Italian]
If I had to give you some advice I’d tell you, this bike is suited to those who like to ride fast.
[Bicycle Test Ride] The Most Powerful Bianchi! Big Fan of CV!
XR4 Test Ride Review! [Japanese]
It’s very shock absorbing, it feels silky smooth. It’s very easy to ride for beginners.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc 2020 (New Color) [Italian]
I did some climbing to test downhill braking. I can only confirm that, with the new disc brakes, the difference is notable.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 – Ultegra Di2 First Ride | Shimano Ultegra R8100 [Indonesian]
The Bianchi Oltre XR4 – Celeste to the Max [Dutch]
Let’s keep it simple: a slightly too expensive bike with beautiful aero properties that you would really like to have, with possible adjustments to the handlebars.
The Bianchi Oltre XR4 in an Individual Test [German]
The Oltre XR4 impresses with its insatiable urge for speed, but also has excellent climbing properties – and thus proves itself to be a real all-rounder. The aluminum wheels almost seem out of place on a modern bike in this price range.
100% Tested: Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc Ultegra Di2 [Dutch]
It goes without saying that the Bianchi Oltre XR4 is a fast, well-balanced bike on any terrain. The high cost is, of course, due to the stiff high-end frame. Fulcrum Racing wheels don’t really belong under such a piece of high-class carbon.