Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Alchemy Ronin Carbon. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
24 reasons to buy
- Testers report that the Ronin performs capably as both a gravel and a road bike.
- The Ronin’s carbon frame is hand-built to be lightweight and compliant.
- At 17.3 lb, the Carbon Ronin does not carry any excess weight.
- The Ronin Carbon’s tubing is subtly tapered, to enhance ride quality.
- By all reports, the Ronin tackles rutted roads with poise.
- A tester contends that the Ronin Carbon is good value, even at this premium price.
- The Ronin Carbon is available in one Shimano GRX and three SRAM eTap builds.
- Alchemy’s carbon wheelset is light, fast and accelerates quickly.
- On builds with electronic drivetrains, the Ronin avoids messy gearing cables.
- Testers say the Ronin Carbon handles confidently on loose surfaces.
- The Ronin Carbon is described as being “stiff and responsive”.
- One tester says the Ronin Carbon excels on longer, fast rides.
- A tester feels that the Ronin Carbon suits short bikepacking jaunts.
- The carbon Ronin is available in four distinct colorways.
- Alchemy can build your Ronin to custom geometry and color specifications.
- All Ronin builds feature wheels using Industry Nine / Alchemy carbon rims.
- Clearance allows for a maximum tire size of 700 c x 45 c.
- The Ronin’s Carbon frame is kit out with three sets of bottle mounts.
- Eyelets are provided for fenders, on the Ronin’s Carbon frame.
- Top-tube mounts are provided, to attach a bento box to the Ronin Carbon.
- Reviewers appreciated the carbon Ronin’s “clean lines”.
- A short headtube contributes to a racy ride position on the Ronin.
- The Alchemy Ronin is made, built and designed in the United States.
- There are 4 color schemes available, each clear-coated to reveal the Ronin’s underlying carbon construction.
5 reasons not to buy
- One reviewer would appreciate a 2x drivetrain option on the Ronin Carbon.
- A tester feels that the Ronin Carbon can be fatiguing on longer rides.
- The Ronin Carbon has limited mounting points to carry cargo.
- Given the bike’s high quality, the Carbon Ronin’s starting price is not low.
- The Carbon Ronin’s maximum tire width is limited to 700 c x 45 mm.
Expert Reviews99/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
I believe the ideal candidate for this bike would be someone who has a bit of a competitive streak and likes to challenge themselves in events, but also has the desire to slap on framebags and lose themselves in a short bikepacking adventure. It’s perhaps the closest thing I’ve experienced to a quiver killer and would tempt me into trading out my road, cyclocross, and gravel touring bike for one Ronin Carbon.
The Best Gravel Bikes of 2021 – Alchemy Ronin
The Ronin is the thoroughbred of gravel. Carbon down to the ENVE stem, the bike is for the rider seeking speed on long day rides. Designed around a maximum 45 mm tire — our favorite tire width — the bike performs best on long backroad rides.
Best Gravel and Adventure Bikes
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October