Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Vitus Razor. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- The Vitus Razor is an entry-level road bike for the recreational rider.
- The chainstays on the Razor are shaped to allow room for wide 28mm tires. Wide tires cushion one's ride over bumps in the road.
- Experts agree that this bike is very affordable.
- Short chainstays allow riders to maneuver the bike quickly, when the time arises.
- The Razor’s geometry places riders in a position of control, giving the bike a planted feel.
- Narrow seat stays are compliant and offer riders a more pleasurable ride on the Vitus Razor.
- The aluminum frame is made with high-quality, clean welds on the bike.
- There are several build options of the Vitus Razor available, offering riders 16, 18, 20 or 22 gears.
- The downtube and headtube are shaped to give riders greater stiffness and power transfer riding the Vitus Razor.
- All models of the Razor shift smoothly, with Shimano groupsets.
- Experts agree that this bike is best for commutes or riders looking to increase their fitness.
4 reasons not to buy
- The bike is not great at climbing. Experts suggest switching the gearing of the bike if you intend to climb steep grades with it.
- Experts found the Tektro brakes insufficient for quick stops. They suggest upgrading the cartridge brake blocks for better performance.
- The externally routed cables are an eyesore to some.
- The Vitus brand saddle is not comfortable, according to most experts.
Bottom lineThe Vitus Razor is an entry-level road bike. It is affordable, with an aluminum frame and externally routed cables. The bike’s gearing is not ideal for climbing. Overall, it's a nimble and responsive ride, with short chainstays and narrow seat stays. The bike has wide 28mm tires that dampen vibration and bumps in the road. This bike can go the distance, but it is not a race bike. The Razor is best for riders looking to improve their fitness by pedaling the local greenway.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
Vitus Razor Claris Review
What the Vitus does deliver is impressive levels of comfort for modestly priced aluminum.
Vitus Razor VR
It defied its weight, felt pretty quick on the climbs and handled with confidence through flowing bends.
Vitus Razor Chain Reaction Road Bike Review
It’s a good bike for the price, for anyone who is starting to get out and put on 60-80-100 miles a week.
New Vitus Road Bike Unboxing and Review!
For the money, what more do you want? If you just enjoy going out on your bike ride and putting a few miles in when you can, when you got time, then something like that is ideal really.