BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Vilano Neutron. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- Buyers reckoned that the Neutron delivered good value for money.
- A maximum range of 30 miles was verified by owners.
- A top speed of 18mph was easily attainable.
- The bike is quiet and smooth at lower speeds and when pedaling.
- Fat tires absorbed vibration and aided comfort.
- Owners felt that the Neutron looked sharp.
- A reviewer said that their rear brake worked smoothly .
- Some owners said that the battery held charge well.
- The bike adjusts well for tall riders, 6’4” and above.
- Assembly was said to be straightforward.
- The Neutron can be carried by a handle at the base of the seat post.
19 reasons not to buy
- Front brakes sometimes locked up on slippery surfaces.
- The Neutron was not as powerful as efficient mid-drive bikes.
- At full load during acceleration, the motor can be noisy.
- The motor vibrated the whole bike under maximum power.
- Power ramped up aggressively from dead stops or low speeds.
- This bike sits up high, requiring dismounting when stopped.
- Rear derailleurs come bent to avoid rubbing on rear rim.
- The Neutron’s geometry may not be suited to shorter riders.
- Generic instruction manuals are not specific to this model.
- The battery pack rattled inside the Neutron’s frame.
- Spokes required tensioning from new, to avoid wheel vibration.
- The rubber cover on the charge point doesn’t stay in place.
- Gaps in the instructions omit important assembly information.
- The chain rubbed the tire in the lowest gear.
- 4 inch knobbly tires were noisy on-roads.
- The neutron reportedly lost power quickly, when unused.
- Rims were not completely round, due to uneven seam joins.
- Slight wobble was evident in the steering tube assembly.
- When folded, brakes rubbed against the frame.