Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Volts and Amp Hours
47.86, 48.15, 49.30, 50.40, 52.47 lbs
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Trek Powerfly - Women's. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- Owners reported an impressive range of up to 80mi and 7000ft of elevation.
- A 71yo owner easily handled a daily climb of 500ft, on a 25% grade driveway.
- Tektro hydraulic brakes were deemed responsive and “pulled hard”.
- A desert resident said the Powerfly rode easily, through soft sand.
- The 5’s fit and finish was described as “beautiful and rugged”
- ‘Touring’ mode was great on roads, while ‘eMTB’ mode was excellent in the woods.
- A removable battery made it easy to mount the powerfly on vehicle racks.
- Powerfly drivetrains pedaled smoothly on the flats, despite the bike’s weight.
- Alternative color-choices on women’s options were appreciated by some buyers.
- The Bosch Performance CX motor exhibited plenty of torque on climbs.
- One owner cooed over the Powerfly 4’s metallic red paintwork.
- The Powerfly 7’s TransX dropper-post made mounting and dismounting easy.
- Overweight riders found the Powerfly’s carrying capacity to be more than ample.
- One reviewer found that the Powerfly 4’s 100mm of fork travel covered needs.
- Shifting, range and gear spacing were lauded on the Powerfly 5’s drivetrain.
- One reviewer felt that the weight of the bike aided stability.
8 reasons not to buy
- The Powerfly was heavy, and onerous to pedal up hills without assistance.
- Some buyers weren’t admirers of the limited colors available on women’s options.
- Some owners would have liked to be able to easily add a second battery.
- The Powerfly’s high level component spec made it a pricey option.
- Some owners felt that the Powerfly’s paintwork was easily chipped.
- One daily user reported delayed engagement of the power assist in snowy areas.
- Some owners sought a way to lock the motor without removing the battery.
- Schwalbe Smart Sam tires punctured easily, on the ‘Sport 4 Equipped’.