Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Super73-RX Malibu. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- In ‘off-road mode’, the -RX Malibu’s motor becomes 1200W (nominal), putting out 2000W at peak.
- The RX Malibu reaches at least 28mph in ‘Off-Road Mode’.
- Owners are floored by the -RX Malibu’s 1980s moto-retro styling and colors.
- Bumps are trumped by a rear Fox Float 3 Evol shock and unbranded, inverted, coil-spring suspension fork.
- The -RX Malibu halts swiftly, with Magura MT5E 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes.
- The Malibu’s battery has been moved from the usual -RX location, for a lower center of gravity.
- Off-road grip is provided by aggressive & knobby 4.5” (front) / 5.0” (rear) VeeMoto GRZLY tires.
- The -RX Malibu’s 750W motor operates at up to 1200 peak watts on the road.
- Super73 claims a 75 mi maximum range and 40 mi under throttle-only use.
- Roxim front and rear lights come integrated. A Roxim horn is also included.
- Owners say that ODI Ruffian ATV grips provide impressive traction.
- The -RX Malibu pairs with Super73’s app, to provide additional info and metrics.
6 reasons not to buy
- Owners make no bones about it. The -RX Malibu is quite pricey.
- More than one rider says that the -RX Malibu’s seat could be more comfortable.
- Riders reported some lag in acceleration, due to rear shock squish.
- Some reviewers want more torque from the -RX Malibu.
- Reaching the throttle is difficult for an owner with smaller hands.
- ODI Ruffian ATV grips are too thin to cushion some rider hands.
Bottom lineThe -RX Malibu all-road e-moped is a collaboration between Roland Sands Design and Super73. The result is an updated version of the Super 73-RX. Suspension is one of two major upgrades; with an inverted, unbranded, moto-style suspension fork featuring rebound damping. The rear shock is a Fox Float 3 Evol. The other upgrade is to braking, with 4-piston Magura hydraulic disc brakes providing performance that’s lauded by all reviewers. The battery is moved to create a lower center of gravity than the -RX. Fat GRZLY tires are grippy and aggressive, but more suited to dirt roads. This is a visually striking and smooth-riding option that asks a higher price than much of the competition.
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
The Best Super73 Ever
They took all the things that they needed to improve on the RX and they put it on this RSD. Better brakes, better suspension. I think it’s worth the money. I wish the seat was more comfortable.
RSD Super73 RX Big Upgrades Out of the Box
The bike rides amazing. It comes with the best setup on the suspension. The stopping power is crazy. I don’t like the seat ‘cause it’s kinda rubbery. The price is a little bit too high, in my opinion.
I’ve had it for 250 miles. This thing is bad-ass. I realistically have no complaints about this bike. I could only ask for just a little bit more torque. It tops out at about 32.3 mph. This thing is lit.