Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Schwinn Iris. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- Both coaster and handbrakes allowed young ones to train slowly.
- The solid Hi-Ten steel frame seemed sturdy to new owners.
- Early riders found the basket handy and fun to put toys in.
- Tassels finished off the Iris’s playful look.
- A number of parents found assembly to be easy.
- Parents reported that little ones found the Iris easy to ride.
- A chainguard kept the drivetrain and grease away from kids’ fingers.
- Several parents said this bike had plenty of room for growing riders.
- The Iris presented as colorful and cute in a way that appealed to kids.
- Parents were pleased that the Iris was not based on a popular character.
- The Iris struck some parents as cheaper than offerings from bigger department stores.
7 reasons not to buy
- At 28 lbs, it can be hard for kids to pick up a fallen Iris.
- Two buyers did not receive a basket, one did not get a stem.
- A decent number of buyers found instructions difficult to follow.
- The tassels fell out of one owner’s Iris, who was unable to reattach them.
- One parent said the handbrake lever was too big for their daughter’s hand.
- One owner received a used product, with dirty tires, scratches and no basket.
- Buyers complained that the basket didn’t stay on. It sometimes arrived warped and was deemed poor quality. Owners said that it quickly sagged and required attachment with zip-ties.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
The Best First Pedal Bike
The BMX-style Schwinn Scorch and Iris are solid, coaster brake-equipped bikes that our testers genuinely enjoyed riding. However, they were 4 to 6 pounds heavier than our runner-up picks (without training wheels), making them tougher for our tykes to maneuver without help.
2 hours ago
2 days ago