Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Santa Cruz Highball. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
19 reasons to buy
- The carbon frame and Fox front suspension fork create a stiff, stable and forgiving ride on the Santa Cruz Highball.
- The carbon frame has a lifetime warranty.
- The bike is available in four sizes, fitting a wide range of riders.
- The bike comes with the ESI Chunky grips that reduce vibration on the rider’s hands over rough terrain.
- The rigid carbon seatpost is narrow, increasing its vertical compliance and providing comfort to the rider.
- The Santa Cruz Highball is stable on descents and over rocky obsatacles, with its long wheelbase.
- The Highball corners well with a long wheelbase and reach.
- The 51mm fork offset sets the Highball up for excellent handling and steering on cross-country trails.
- The low seatstays and seat tube angle reduce trail chatter for the rider, increasing their overall comfort.
- The geometry of the bike places the ride over the pedals for greater power transfer.
- The Highball climbs efficiently with a wide range of gears.
- The Fox fork is lightweight and can be locked out from the handlebar switch, making it easy to adjust, on the fly.
- The Highball utilizes SRAM components to ensure the bike shifts smoothly and is responsive when braking.
- The external, threaded bottom bracket is easy to maintain.
- The Maxxis Rekon tires provide great traction on rides over loose dirt.
- The Highball is available in two builds. The higher end build includes the carbon Santa Cruz Reserve wheels that come with a lifetime warranty.
- This bike is an excellent option for larger riders. There is not a rider weight limit.
- The bike is designed to take on longer distances, with three water bottle mounts.
- Several experts agreed, the Santa Cruz Highball was immediately comfortable. One did not need several rides to get used to the bike.
2 reasons not to buy
- The base builds do not come with a dropper post, due to their added weight. Riders can choose to upgrade to a dropper post.
- One expert found the steep head tube angle made the bike fidgety.