BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Rambo Prowler. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
20 reasons to buy
- Say Watt? The Prowler’s 1000W Bafang motor puts out 1500 peak watts of power.
- An Enviolo CVT (continuously variable transmission) hub provides the Prowler with a 380% gear range, using a simple, step-free shifting system.
- The Prowler is brought to a stop by strong Tektro 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes.
- A reviewer was able to easily reach 30mph, using only the Prowler’s throttle.
- A reviewer was able to achieve 35mph on flats with pedaling and assist.
- The Prowler comfortably conquers obstacles on huge Maxxis Minion FBF and FBR 27.5" x 3.8" tires.
- Many bosses and mount-points cover the Prowler’s frame to attach accessories such as racks, a trailer, bottle-holders, bags, baskets and extra batteries.
- The Prowler’s Bafang display is clear, easy-to-read and its angle can be adjusted.
- The Prowler is rated to carry a 300lb payload, be it rider, cargo and/or catch.
- The Prowler’s battery is lockable and removable, for security or off-bike charging.
- For some owners, the Prowler is easy to assemble.
- Riders from 5’10" to 6’2” say they love the fit of the Predator.
- Owners say the Prowler moves very quietly, almost silently.
- With a wide gear range and powerful motor, the Prowler smashes steep hills.
- A concealed internal battery gives the Prowler a sleek physique.
- A tester says the Prowler’s torque sensor is very precise, giving smooth support.
- Thru-axle hubs stiffen up the Prowler on real mountain bike trails.
- Wide, 770mm Promax handlebars provide lashings of control.
- A GT860 air suspension inverted moto-style fork equips the Prowler with 120mm of trail-smoothing travel.
- The Prowler is draped in Rambo’s own in-house ‘TrueTimber VSX’ camo colorway.
4 reasons not to buy
- The Prowler is pricey.
- The Prowler is only available in a single 19.7″ frame size.
- Information is scarce on the Prowler’s fork, from the little-known brand GTMRK.
- A reviewer found that the Prowler’s powerful motor ‘chewed through the juice’, sapping the battery quickly.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Rambo Prowler Review: Extreme Hunting, Backwoods Electric Mountain Bike
If you are a hunter, if you are a bikepacker or if you just love camo, you are going to love this ride… Overall, the Rambo Prowler is an impressive machine that boasts not just impressive specs, but a well-thought-out, purpose-built design. The Prowler doesn’t like the roads. No. The Prowler, I think, scowls at pavement.