Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Rambo The Prowler. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
20 reasons to buy
- Say Watt? The Prowler’s 1000W Bafang motor puts out 1500 peak watts of power.
- An Enviolo CVT (continuously variable transmission) hub provides the Prowler with a 380% gear range, using a simple, step-free shifting system.
- The Prowler is brought to a stop by strong Tektro 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes.
- A reviewer was able to easily reach 30mph, using only the Prowler’s throttle.
- A reviewer was able to achieve 35mph on flats with pedaling and assist.
- The Prowler comfortably conquers obstacles on huge Maxxis Minion FBF and FBR 27.5" x 3.8" tires.
- Many bosses and mount-points cover the Prowler’s frame to attach accessories such as racks, a trailer, bottle-holders, bags, baskets and extra batteries.
- The Prowler’s Bafang display is clear, easy-to-read and its angle can be adjusted.
- The Prowler is rated to carry a 300lb payload, be it rider, cargo and/or catch.
- The Prowler’s battery is lockable and removable, for security or off-bike charging.
- For some owners, the Prowler is easy to assemble.
- Riders from 5’10" to 6’2” say they love the fit of the Predator.
- Owners say the Prowler moves very quietly, almost silently.
- With a wide gear range and powerful motor, the Prowler smashes steep hills.
- A concealed internal battery gives the Prowler a sleek physique.
- A tester says the Prowler’s torque sensor is very precise, giving smooth support.
- Thru-axle hubs stiffen up the Prowler on real mountain bike trails.
- Wide, 770mm Promax handlebars provide lashings of control.
- A GT860 air suspension inverted moto-style fork equips the Prowler with 120mm of trail-smoothing travel.
- The Prowler is draped in Rambo’s own in-house ‘TrueTimber VSX’ camo colorway.
4 reasons not to buy
- The Prowler is pricey.
- The Prowler is only available in a single 19.7″ frame size.
- Information is scarce on the Prowler’s fork, from the little-known brand GTMRK.
- A reviewer found that the Prowler’s powerful motor ‘chewed through the juice’, sapping the battery quickly.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
Rambo Prowler Review: Extreme Hunting, Backwoods Electric Mountain Bike
If you are a hunter, if you are a bikepacker or if you just love camo, you are going to love this ride… Overall, the Rambo Prowler is an impressive machine that boasts not just impressive specs, but a well-thought-out, purpose-built design. The Prowler doesn’t like the roads. No. The Prowler, I think, scowls at pavement.