Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Pure Cycles Urban Commuter. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- A chromoly frame, disc brakes, SRAM drivetrain and WTB tires spoke good value.
- The SRAM X4 shifter offered responsive gear changes.
- Tektro M280 mechanical disc brakes halted riders swiftly.
- An 8-speed drivetrain suited urban errands and commutes.
- Aficionados found the curved, ‘klunker-style’ frame to be good lookin’.
- The Urban Commuter’s ride position was comfortable and easy in the city.
- An owner described this deceptively casual commuter as unexpectedly nimble.
- The ‘Peli Blue’ colorway was admired for its understated style.
- ‘Urban Arc’ handlebars mix vintage, cruiser and modern aesthetics.
- Online instructions were easy to follow for some buyers.
- Buyers were pleased with direct-sale, ‘full-assembly’ options.
- Versatility? One parent enjoyed riding rail-trails while using a baby seat.
- WTB’s ‘Comfort V’ saddle was, reportedly, ‘v. comfortable’.
- A lifetime frame and fork warranty reassured owners.
4 reasons not to buy
- A test-rider felt that the weight was a little on the heavy side.
- Some owners felt that instructions didn’t cover brake and derailleur adjustment.
- A few owners pointed out that paintwork was vulnerable to scratching.
- One reviewer didn’t gel with the WTB saddle.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
Pure Cycles Urban Commuter Bike | Cruiser Styling + Commute Friendly
I like that I can ride something that has some classic styling yet maintains all the necessary commuting elements… with that chromoly frame… SRAM drivetrain… disc brakes… for [this price]… I’m a fan.