Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- Experts had a great experience ascending and descending aboard the Gold.
- On the scales, it sits at a race-light 16.07lb.
- Handling aboard the Gold was depicted as quick, aggressive and neutral.
- One tester described the Shimano Ultegra R8000 groupset as nigh on faultless.
- The extended range on the 11-30 cassette was appreciated.
- The ‘Spread Tow Carbon’ frame remained stiff where it mattered.
- In general, the Gold’s component spec was regarded as excellent.
- Continental Grand Prix tires performed with aplomb.
- An expert regarded the Deda Zero 1 bar highly, as it allowed for larger hands.
- The Gold exhibited a noticeably high level of comfort on longer rides.
- Owners were impressed with the Gold’s long-term resilience.
- Extras included a carbon bottle cage, branded bottle and seatpost-clamp-light.
- The Prologo Kappa saddle was comfortable and color-matched.
- Unique to Orro, the Gold's seatpost clamp features an integrated rear light.
- ‘Fulcrum Racing 5’ disc wheels were light and well suited to skinny-tire applications.
2 reasons not to buy
- On the front disc brake, a small 140mm IceTech rotor heated quickly and increased noise.
- One reviewer felt the ‘smoothed carbon’ look was old-school.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Orro Gold STC Ultegra Review
The great spec, including wonderful wheels, and sublime drivetrain mated to a frame that’s confident in its handling and makes for a very enjoyable all-round experience.
Orro Gold STC Disc Review
As a package, the Orro Gold is damn good. It rides well and handles with quiet confidence…the Gold’s obvious value and great overall character should be worth consideration.