BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the NS Bikes Synonym. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- The NS Synonym is available in two styles. The TR (trail) version has 120mm of travel in the rear. The RC (race) version has 100mm of rear travel.
- The bike has a high-quality, lightweight carbon frame.
- The shock's remote lockout for the shock greatly impressed many test riders.
- SRAM Level brakes provide Synonym riders with ample stopping power.
- The bike is available in sizes S through XL, fitting a wide range of riders.
- Experts were pleased to find that there is room for a water bottle on the NS Synonym.
- Internally routed cables give this mountain bike a smooth and polished appearance.
- On the Synonym, the Maxxis Rekon and Ikon tire pairing is fast-rolling.
- The steep seat tube angle and slack head tube angle place riders in a stable position for descending at speed.
- The Synonym is a capable climber and experts found that they could easily achieve personal records on ascents.
- The 12-speed SRAM drivetrain shifts smoothly on the NS Synonym.
- Testers agree that the price of the bike is fair for the components included in each build.
- Users found that the bike’s long wheelbase added stability on descents.
3 reasons not to buy
- The NS Synonym has a press fit bottom bracket. Experts would have preferred a threaded bottom bracket on the bike.
- Some testers found the Ikon tire in the rear provided insufficient traction.
- The bike is specced with 180mm brake rotors to keep the bike’s weight low. Larger rotors would benefit the stopping power of the NS Synonym.